Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-06-2008, 03:55 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Caradvice.com.au said the exact same thing in their review which was just done - they said in "growing up" its lost some of that x factor that made them so fun to drive.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 15-06-2008, 12:13 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Pinky at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broomy
I have to tread carefully here, but my best mate and the godfather of my children is the new editor of "MOTOR". He is a very respected scripe in the car game and their veiws are based on so many levels, not just which car is the fastest & handles the best.
I don't think Motor is biased at all. I read it reasonably regularly and don't see that they are biased towards the local product. STis and Evos seem to have won 'Bang For Your Bucks' very regularly in the last few years.

IIRC a WRX won their first bang for your bucks in 1998.

Nathan Ponchard, for example is very much a fan of Subaru.

In his Golf GTi vs MY08 WRX comparisom (Oct 07) he very much praised the WRXs handling and gave the WRX the nod as the one he himself would buy. (while also acknowledging that most buyers would probably prefer the Golf)

In his Liberty 2.5 vs new Mazda6 vs new Mondeo comparo (May 08) he declared the Liberty the best car for the enthusiast driver, while giving the overall win to the Mazda by a small margin. Not bad considering the 5 year old Lib was taking on two all new cars..

That's hardly an anti Subaru bias when you are going against the grain of what most of the other scribes are saying.

Last edited by Pinky; 15-06-2008 at 12:22 PM.
Old 15-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

sarpia at standard level
Default I love conspiracy theories.

Thats all well and good but the point of the matter is that Performance testing should not be judged with what the car should feel like to judges that are promoting a newly released model for the ford motor co.
The numbers should stack up and in this case the numbers don't. And can someone please advise me why a holden product was not included. Because it would have been slower than the sti and quicker than the xr6t but I could guarantee that it would of come in 3rd place as its and older model than the xr6t.
Performance is the case in point is it not. While were on the subject I can say
that I own a MY08 Sti and the reviews are the in the same vein as the Myo7
sti which I also owned. All the mags said it was crude and rough and bounced
around to much but it was fast!!. Now that subaru has countered with a world class product that is easier to live with ie nice ride, nice interior, lots of safety, nice gear change etc the magazines wants a race car with super stiff springs!!!.
I JUST DONT GET IT!!!! The car hauls ass. Its fast and comfortable, handles
better than than most cars on the planet.

P.S I also read the review between the so called type R thats made in england and the sti. (god help us if mags are salesman for cars companies.) Which is not really a type r. Like the last one sold here it was a rebadge and was not worth the money. Now the jap version is a real type r.
Old 15-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Subaru Tech Division

BN01 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky
I don't think Motor is biased at all. I read it reasonably regularly and don't see that they are biased towards the local product. STis and Evos seem to have won 'Bang For Your Bucks' very regularly in the last few years.

IIRC a WRX won their first bang for your bucks in 1998.

Nathan Ponchard, for example is very much a fan of Subaru.

In his Golf GTi vs MY08 WRX comparisom (Oct 07) he very much praised the WRXs handling and gave the WRX the nod as the one he himself would buy. (while also acknowledging that most buyers would probably prefer the Golf)

In his Liberty 2.5 vs new Mazda6 vs new Mondeo comparo (May 08) he declared the Liberty the best car for the enthusiast driver, while giving the overall win to the Mazda by a small margin. Not bad considering the 5 year old Lib was taking on two all new cars..

That's hardly an anti Subaru bias when you are going against the grain of what most of the other scribes are saying.
No ones saying it was particularly anti-Subaru.

Its just very pro-Holden/Ford.

Neither of the articles you mention contained any of the local products, so it doesnt matter.

MY07 Mitsubishi Ralliart Colt
Old 15-06-2008, 04:14 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarpia
Thats all well and good but the point of the matter is that Performance testing should not be judged with what the car should feel like to judges that are promoting a newly released model for the ford motor co.
The numbers should stack up and in this case the numbers don't. And can someone please advise me why a holden product was not included. Because it would have been slower than the sti and quicker than the xr6t but I could guarantee that it would of come in 3rd place as its and older model than the xr6t.
Performance is the case in point is it not. While were on the subject I can say
that I own a MY08 Sti and the reviews are the in the same vein as the Myo7
sti which I also owned. All the mags said it was crude and rough and bounced
around to much but it was fast!!. Now that subaru has countered with a world class product that is easier to live with ie nice ride, nice interior, lots of safety, nice gear change etc the magazines wants a race car with super stiff springs!!!.
I JUST DONT GET IT!!!! The car hauls ass. Its fast and comfortable, handles
better than than most cars on the planet.

P.S I also read the review between the so called type R thats made in england and the sti. (god help us if mags are salesman for cars companies.) Which is not really a type r. Like the last one sold here it was a rebadge and was not worth the money. Now the jap version is a real type r.
Why dont you send them an email and get back to us if they reply?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 15-06-2008, 04:29 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

sarpia at standard level
Default I love conspiracy theories.

already have. awaiting reply.
And I can just imagine the waffly reply that will be a 'hope you will still by our mag but the totally unbiased judges have made their descision' The highlighted area being totally unbiased!!!!!. Please read the comments buy the judges on both sti and xr6t. Read them 10 times each and fully understand what it is exactly they are saying and you will be amazed.

Tags
buying, car, magazines, stop, time