Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-06-2008, 08:15 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Sebastien at standard level
Default Club Spec Evo 4, more than just a pale face?

Hey lads,

Rounded up a bunch of wrxs to check out this saturday, one or maybe two of them being the club spec version. What exactly are the differences with this model besides a paint job to compliment a defect notice? I also understand that only 200 were released in Australia? I've also noticed club spec doesnt neciserally have to be yellow as there's a 97' blue club spec advertised somewhere that's blue?

Just the limited edition factor is enough to make me want one, but i'm just curious.

In any case i'll see how i go over the weekend!

While i'm here

Anyone got some preferences as to where they'd get a used car checked out NOR?

Compression test - what exactley does it tell me and should i bother?

EDIT: I couldn't see anything on the forum so i googled that shit, here is it for anyone else wandering.

"The power stroke is the key to how a four-stroke engine turns explosive energy into useable power. If any or all of the parts that confine the explosion inside the cylinder become worn, engine performance suffers. Also you'll be out of pocket when you have to repair worn components. First, the engine cannot compress the fuel and air mixture enough to get the required for the big bang. Second the exploding mixture escapes past worn valves and seals, pistons and rings, and worn cylinder walls. Not only does the engine suffer a power loss, but also burns the fuel less efficiently. The engine may also begin to burn oil. The same worn rings and seals that let the explosion escape, also allow oil to get in. An engine compression test checks cylinder sealing ability one by one, and can help isolate internal engine problems."

In summary, a compression test can fore see future internal problems which require costly rebuilding to fix up that are not so apparent from a glance

Cheers and hopefully i'll snag a wrx over the weekend.

Last edited by Sebastien; 25-06-2008 at 08:29 AM.

Tags
club, evo, face, pale, spec