Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2008, 05:41 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

MonsterMashie at standard level
Send a message via MSN to MonsterMashie

Stupid turds, trying to steal a car that is obviously broken down!?!?!
Old 10-07-2008, 05:17 PM
STI Master

Cooper89 at standard level

Sorry to hear that mate, i hope all works out in your favour. Truly is a sad bloody world when in FOUR HOURS your car is busted open... fucking sad.

I like the WRX i bought that much i would have slept in her too. But Bunbury isnt as bad as Perth.... I'd like to think anyway..

Goodluck!
Old 10-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

BUGG_I at standard level
Send a message via MSN to BUGG_I

That really sucks man damn crackheads trying to steal something obviously more complex than their intelligence can comprehend
Old 06-08-2008, 01:32 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

sikem rex at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to sikem rex Send a message via MSN to sikem rex

I thought I should give you all an update, as it's been quite some time since the incident occurred.

After going through an enquiry, having interviews and waiting two weeks for a response, RAC have now approved the claim. Unfortunately, they still have not decided whether or not they will repair the old girl, or wreck it and pay out the lump sum.

The only thing they will not cover out of this is the stolen stereo, I've been unable to locate the manuals/receipts for the parts (Jaycar Precision amplifier, Kicker 400.1 D-Class amplifier, Pioneer 12" 600w Subwoofer (for the life of me I can't remember the model - even though it was really popular in '04 when i bought it)), and as a result I can't provide proof of purchase.

All in all I can't really complain with the way the claim has been handled. I understand perfectly why they had to put me through an enquiry, but after being a member for 4 years, my parents being members for 30, I would have appreciated a little less cynicism from the assessor and investigators (I'll make it very clear here that Matt Elliot from AEGIS who was hired to further investigate the claim was nothing like the RAC staff - If anything he was the one that made me confident I wouldn't have any problems in the long run).

The claim was approved Monday, and the assessor apparently had the quotes on her desk and simply needed to make the call. If I've not heard from her by tomorrow I'll more than likely give a followup call.

In any case, I wanted to thank everyone for the (mostly) kind words. If I get her back I'll be wanting to take part in a cruise or two before lining her up for sale after my birthday in September. Else, it'll be a long wait before I get another. Either way, I know I'll miss her.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:47 PM
STI Master

doadrift at standard level

That sucks dude but its good to hear it might be working out. Claims take ages and it always feels even longer without your car.

For future referance though give Paul at Touch of Class a call when you need a tow if you (or anyone else) is in trouble and I'm sure if your out of cash he can work something out with you! He specializes in low cars and is a car enthusiast himself so he wouldn't leave you hanging his number is 0415421738.

If they write it off will you buy it back and part it out?
Old 06-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

Paul, the sub may be the 306c ?? or similar number to that. too bad u cant get that stuff back! goodluck with it all. i suspect you'd rather get a payout rather than a fix?
Old 06-08-2008, 03:57 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX.
Paul, the sub may be the 306c ?? or similar number to that. too bad u cant get that stuff back! goodluck with it all. i suspect you'd rather get a payout rather than a fix?
!!! 305c (earlier model) - thanks for the reminder, it's been bothering me for the last two weeks.

And yeah, I think I'd prefer a payout simply because it'll be a lot easier than trying to sell her down the track.

doadrift (that you Marc?) - I'm not entirely sure it would be worth buying back the wreck and parting her out. Considering she now has 320,000km's on the clock, even with the engine having been rebuilt in '06 with a 60,000km old block, I wouldn't expect too much. But I guess we'll wait and see.

Cheers for the number as well... Straight into my phone

Last edited by sikem rex; 06-08-2008 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:09 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Update!

I called RAC back again today and finally got some information out of them. They're going ahead with all the repairs, in fact they've already started. The assessor failed to contact me to advise of this, although this may have something to do with the complaint I emailed through to his manager in regards to his attitude towards customers at the very beginning of the claim.

All in all I'm pretty chuffed I'll be getting her back. I imagine a celebratory cruise with my mates will be in order when I get her back, and then she'll be listed straight onto carsales.com.au and the quokka.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Sir AntiLag

miss_petepie at standard level

good to hear its all worked out.. fingers crossed they dont take their time with the repairs considering how long its actually taken for it to be started.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:27 PM
STI Master

doadrift at standard level

Nah my names Rob. Its good to hear your geting the car back but rember this.

They can't give you the car back until you accept it. If the paint isn't right, a panel out of whack, a scratch hear or there or anything at all DON'T ACCEPT IT.

No matter when you accept it your fees and everythign go up so make sure you get what your "paying" for.

Part of the reason they paid out for Jems old car is because I refused to take it back repaired because I told them I felt that even repaired it would never be the same car (not to mention and old car liek that drops in value even more when its been damaged).

Even if it takes the 2 more months to fix it make sure they do it properly. After all you have to drive it

Tags
cedric, dumped, gc8, rex, sikem, st