Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Sign me up!
The Converter

GX-REX at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstasy View Post
looked exactly like yours. had a TOW sticker on it but, can't see that on your dp.

on another note: spotted my car with yet another broken gearbox now sitting in doug's backyard. the reality only just hit me this evening
When did that happen? Spotted you in Wangara this morning...
Old 30-09-2009, 10:08 PM
Sir AntiLag

rstasy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by GX-REX View Post
When did that happen? Spotted you in Wangara this morning...
today, around wangara infact. was on the way to pick up some engine mounts for my mate's ford. how ironic that it happened literally as we were making the final turn to our destination.

suprisingly; i haven't been giving it shit. gave it a bit of boost in second exiting a roundabout, a couple of seconds later it developed some knocking. was able to drive it an odd 37km to doug's place just fine via tonkin (very little stop/start, drove out of the mainshaft as best i could - 3/4/5 were relatively unaffected nor did they kick up much noise); but it's fucked completely and utterly - we're still unaware of the cause.

we think that the problem may have infact been 'helped along' by a dragging clutch - as i've been unable to select reverse whilst the engine is running for a couple of weeks now. have had increasing difficulty selecting first with the occasional whir or grind. now i'm definately upgrading to a double synchro wrx box; older generation liberty boxes (which i've had twice already) i think are a touch on the dangerside when it comes to my car pushing nearly 200kw.

fingers crossed this time. teaches me for getting things half-heartedly done, and opting for a cheaper alternative :P

Last edited by rstasy; 30-09-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Sign me up!
The Converter

GX-REX at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstasy View Post
today, around wangara infact. was on the way to pick up some engine mounts for my mate's ford. how ironic that it happened literally as we were making the final turn to our destination.

suprisingly; i haven't been giving it shit. gave it a bit of boost in second exiting a roundabout, a couple of seconds later it developed some knocking.
wasnt the round about at inspiration dve was it?
thats where I saw you go back the way you came. I was in the wifes mazda.
Closed Thread

Tags
16, blacksti counter espionage strike force go!!, look at me i am a puff in a rexxy, never been spotted, post, spotted, stop stalking me!, subaru