Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-09-2008, 10:24 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

dougiefresh at standard level
Default Am I asking to much from Subaru

Over the last week I had my car throw a check engine light, with only 13500km!! So off I go to Subaru to have it checked. After about an hour they come back and say it is a 2ndry air pump and they need to have a better look, however that since I have changed my exhaust they werent not sure if it would be covered under warranty.

I take the car back in for them to have a better look and they discover that the wiring harness to the air pump was not connected. They then said I must have disconnected it and they wont fix it under warranty, it will cost me $90 to have them plug it back in!

At this point I wasnt very impressed and proceed to explain to them that they did all this work to get to the air pump, realised it was as simple as plugging the harness back in and they wouldnt do it! Warranty or not that is just damn bad service in my books since I spent $40,000 on a car from them.

Now am I just being a wanker or does anyone agree they should have plugged it in for free?
Old 20-09-2008, 10:26 AM
STI Master

Taktics at standard level

Subaru being fuckheads. That is all!
Old 20-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Subaru Tech Division

MKVIGTI at standard level

I'd go with the good customer relations thing myself for something as simple as that.

Now start getting a workshop who gives a crap to service your car and ring Subaru and let them know they are not going to be receiving any ongoing business from you because their customer service is S*&T.
Old 20-09-2008, 10:33 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

dougiefresh at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSTi
I'd go with the good customer relations thing myself for something as simple as that.

Now start getting a workshop who gives a crap to service your car and ring Subaru and let them know they are not going to be receiving any ongoing business from you because their customer service is S*&T.
I dont get my car serviced at Subaru ever! Just had to take it to them to get this fixed under warranty
Old 20-09-2008, 10:38 AM
STI Master

Pettata at standard level

Obviously they don't want your business. Good customer service always wins. $90 to plug something in? I wish I got paid that much
Old 20-09-2008, 10:54 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Modifying + warranty ends up in interesting waters. They are always looking for an out when they see an exhaust on the car.

In saying that, have it serviced by them and warranty work flies right through.
Old 20-09-2008, 11:04 AM
Flat Four Father

SPEC IV at standard level

Customer Service FTL

Gee that is a great way to get customers back...retards!!!
Old 20-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Subaru Tech Division

MKVIGTI at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato
Modifying + warranty ends up in interesting waters. They are always looking for an out when they see an exhaust on the car.

In saying that, have it serviced by them and warranty work flies right through.
Yea and your never sure if any of the work you ask to be done gets done.

At least if I rock up to RT or any of the other reputable shops and say put this in the gearbox, this in the diff and this in the donk it happens.

Go to a dealer and it is likely to end up in one of the apprentices cars and if you are lucky they might change the oils with the crap they use.

Know plenty of people who have been stung before.
Old 20-09-2008, 11:52 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

trusti rex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiefresh
Over the last week I had my car throw a check engine light, with only 13500km!! So off I go to Subaru to have it checked. After about an hour they come back and say it is a 2ndry air pump and they need to have a better look, however that since I have changed my exhaust they werent not sure if it would be covered under warranty.

I take the car back in for them to have a better look and they discover that the wiring harness to the air pump was not connected. They then said I must have disconnected it and they wont fix it under warranty, it will cost me $90 to have them plug it back in!

At this point I wasnt very impressed and proceed to explain to them that they did all this work to get to the air pump, realised it was as simple as plugging the harness back in and they wouldnt do it! Warranty or not that is just damn bad service in my books since I spent $40,000 on a car from them.

Now am I just being a wanker or does anyone agree they should have plugged it in for free?
youre being a total wanker! imagine the the stress you must have put the work experience kid through!
Old 20-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSTi
Yea and your never sure if any of the work you ask to be done gets done.

At least if I rock up to RT or any of the other reputable shops and say put this in the gearbox, this in the diff and this in the donk it happens.

Go to a dealer and it is likely to end up in one of the apprentices cars and if you are lucky they might change the oils with the crap they use.

Know plenty of people who have been stung before.
Just going off my history with many different dealers and the warranty work I have had put through.

For the very small amount of people who provide their own oil for a service, I doubt things like that are a worry to most people.

Just saying, if you have your car serviced elsewhere, modify it and expect to get good service and easy warranty, think again.

Tags
subaru