Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   not your average sti v wrx thread (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/22509-not-your-average-sti-v-wrx-thread.html)

MKVIGTI 29-09-2008 09:42 AM

[QUOTE=agentorange]Ummmm...pig in white looks awesome!!![/QUOTE]

Black wheels. Dark tint. :D :D :D

nick6013 29-09-2008 10:24 AM

I would look at a non-mantained novated lease which you can get thru most dealers.There no tax benefit ,but also there are no km's reqirements. If your on a huge salary then the tax benefits from a reduction in taxable income from a maintained lease can be great. But if your not on mega bucks ,the reduction in taxable income will hurt you when, and if you go for another loan.eg house.
You don't pay for insurance , fuel ,service ,tyres etc thru the lease with a non maintained lease so you don't get the pretax dollars benefit.But your weekly repayments are far less, you can also include a ballon payment in a non maintained lease.

rocker21 29-09-2008 11:33 AM

[QUOTE=BlackSTi]Remember if you base it on doing over 25000 km a year and end up only doing 24000 then that can end you up with a big tax bill.

On the numbers you have provided the STi is about 12 grand more over the 2 years after the residual. Probably be close to that in resale difference at the end so cost you more while leasing & closing out lease but end result will not be much.[/QUOTE]

Am well aware that I need to make that 25xxx goal. If i went with 24xxx then fringe benifits tax would be calculated at a much higher rate and as im not in the top income bracket i would get a hefty bill. Il make sure i do the km. Its only 480 a week, which i almost do in the 180 right now, and that im scared to drive for fear of a yellow.

Im not sure i quite understand your second paragraph mate. I got the resale figure by looking on redbook.com and carsales.com for the value of 04 stis. If any of my math is wrong please point out exactly where so i can ammend it.

If i had to pay for insurance I would be looking at 5k+ easyyyy for a 40k+ turbo sports car given that im 22 and have 1 lisense suspension.

Someone mentioned that I seeme to have '"convinced myself". Well i have to an extent. Its just the car choice Im after your advice on. Does anyone have any insight on the 2.5l over the 2l?

Non-mantained leases are not an option thru my company. I probably woulnt be interested in one anyway as i will be making most my savings thru fuel/insruance/maintenance not tax breaks(i dont make over 180k a year).
Im well aware how this will affect my take home pay and ability to borrow for something else...I dont plan to buy a house for the next two years, unless some of my investments skyrocket and i can pay cash(unlikely) or i get a pay raise(more likely).

phizzle 29-09-2008 11:59 AM

[QUOTE=rocker21]Does anyone have any insight on the 2.5l over the 2l?[/QUOTE]
The STI 2.5l won't handle as much boost as the STI 2L can in standard trim. You'll still make 300hp@wheels easy enough though. Since you are only going to do some light mods I wouldn't worry too much about anything. Keep the boost level safe with a Verso tune, full turbo back exhaust and hi flow filter in the standard airbox and you'll easily get 280+hp atw. With the above mods I made 276hp with a 2L MY02 STI. You'll piss it in.

The other obvious difference is the 2.5L will have lots more torque down low making it a bit more useable around town. You won't be dissapointed with going the STI over a 'normal' WRX. It'll hold value better, stop better, go better, handle better, look better.........Epic Win. Only downside is it will cost more to insure but as you said you'll get stung hard anyway. DO IT DO IT DO IT :D :D

MKVIGTI 29-09-2008 01:37 PM

Your operating costs + the difference in residual add up to about 12 grand over the 2 years. The vale of an 06 STi over a 06 WRX will be pretty close to that 12 Grand so you won't be behind but it will cost you 12 Grand more over the 2 years to end up owning a car that will be worth about 12 grand more.

Over the two years that equates to costing you out of your pocket about 500 bucks a month. If you can cover that difference it will be well worth it.

Remember you still have to pay for the insurance ( although a bit over half will be out of pre tax dollars ). Your lease company may pay for it direct and may even get it cheeper but it still comes out of your operating costs and you pay for it based on your insurance rating.

My lease company's insurance company wouldn't touch an STi so I had to arrange mine anyway but certainly get quotes yourself because you may find it cheeper than they offer you and you can either direct them to pay it for you or pay it yourself and put in for a reimbursement. I do the later for everything. Its unreal how many extra frequent flyer point's you get doing it this way.

JDM_STYLE 29-09-2008 02:08 PM

$54,500 for an Evo 9 you might aswell take your pants off
and spread your cheeks cause your definately getting screwed
for that price!!!!! :3some:

Go a n STI better value for money IMO.

RichX 29-09-2008 02:58 PM

Buy the STi, then spend 10grand on mods, thats what always happens

nick6013 29-09-2008 03:32 PM

[QUOTE=rocker21]
Non-mantained leases are not an option thru my company. I probably woulnt be interested in one anyway as i will be making most my savings thru fuel/insruance/maintenance not tax breaks(i dont make over 180k a year).
Im well aware how this will affect my take home pay and ability to borrow for something else...I dont plan to buy a house for the next two years, unless some of my investments skyrocket and i can pay cash(unlikely) or i get a pay raise(more likely).[/QUOTE]

You can get a non maintained lease thru most dealers ,you don't have to go thru a lease company
Non maintained lease have no km's requirement, which is the the real saving,insurance is the same but depending on how many km's you do say 12,500km a year you've already nearly halved(costs out of post tax dollars)fuel and services cost and increased resale value on 25,000km. I've done both maintained and non maintained .From my own experience i wouldn't do a maintained lease again

Kato 29-09-2008 04:35 PM

Just pay cash. Simpler :D

werticusness 29-09-2008 04:48 PM

would you really want to buy out the car in two years? Id suggest you'll be wanting the next thing instead :)