Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-12-2008, 10:33 AM
STI Master

Ethos at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Ethos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato
TC-SST is flawed? Only because its faster than a manual I guess... Can't have that now
its good for lazy granny shifters like myself
Old 14-12-2008, 10:46 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

Yeah I knew this would be the case....the TC-SST in the Evo is super quick, the one in the Ralliart is a bit lazy. FAIL.
Old 14-12-2008, 02:43 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Pinky at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC
Yeah I knew this would be the case....the TC-SST in the Evo is super quick, the one in the Ralliart is a bit lazy. FAIL.
I am skeptical about the TC-SST, but I was told that I would like it by a couple of the guys on the Emo board. If I was gonna buy, I would ask for a long drive in a variety of conditions, before signing up for one. If I got told to piss off by the salesman, I'd just pass, rather than signing up 'on faith'.

I think it's the type of thing which you would have to seriously drive and decide for yourself, some might absolutely swear by it and others totally hate. I don't think I'd like it, on paper, but I'd be doing myself a disservice to not try it out.

The Ralliart hatchback looks terrible. The rear looks like a backyard custom hatch conversion job. The sedan though, is awesome, nice and subtle.
Old 14-12-2008, 04:17 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

WRC at standard level

If I were even considering buying a Ralliart the first thing I'd be doing is asking the salesman to tell me when they were having a track day that the Ralliart was going to be at, because it seems from all I've seen/heard that the X SST goes into limp mode pretty easily unless it's in Super Sport mode. Since the Ralliart doesn't have Super Sport....well you can figure out the rest.
Old 15-12-2008, 07:45 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky
I am skeptical about the TC-SST, but I was told that I would like it by a couple of the guys on the Emo board. If I was gonna buy, I would ask for a long drive in a variety of conditions, before signing up for one. If I got told to piss off by the salesman, I'd just pass, rather than signing up 'on faith'.
Interesting...

I drove the X 5-speed for about an hour, then the SST for another hour over similar roads. No questions at all on time limits. Then they drove a MR down to my work to test out as well. Took that around the fun streets for a good hour too.

Subaru on the other hand didn't even want to take me out on a test drive, since their demo was putting on too many kms. It's a demo FFS, that's what it is there to do. Evenentually I got a 'sporty drive' around the block and got to drive back. Not really the best way to purchase a car imo. I hope they let people actually test the WRX out.

The SST with sport mode was still good imo, so would be decent in the Ralliart. Although I think that car should have a 5-speed option instead. No S-sport means no launch control! I've also read about the SST overheating, but I'm not sure what those guys were doing, as I flogged the shit out of both X's with SST's and had no issues.
Old 15-12-2008, 08:07 AM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Quote:
I've also read about the SST overheating, but I'm not sure what those guys were doing, as I flogged the shit out of both X's with SST's and had no issues.
I too have heard the stories of the sst overheating however my understanding is that it is only on track work and if it goes then you have to wait for it to cool down. Apparently the box is unserviceable by anyone but an authorised mitsi dealer. Joe blow cant even change the oil.

Brendon
Old 15-12-2008, 09:21 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

I'll test if it fails on the track in January
Old 15-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Flat Four Father

BLUES at standard level

It appears ok if you select the Superduper SuperSport Track Mode (or whatever it's called) - if you don't it over heats & goes into limp mode.

John - I'll await your handbrake testing
Barbagallo - 56.03 (S); 1:08.09 (L)
Collie - 50.77
Possibly the most under-driven Evo X in the world??
Old 15-12-2008, 12:34 PM
Ambitious but Rubbish...

Saint_23 is a guruSaint_23 is a guru

Was in City Subaru the other day. 09 WRX Sedan = FUGLY.
Even the Service guys thought so .

The Liberty tuned by STi that was there was sweet though.
Old 15-12-2008, 09:11 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Pinky at standard level

Quote:
Interesting...

I drove the X 5-speed for about an hour, then the SST for another hour over similar roads. No questions at all on time limits. Then they drove a MR down to my work to test out as well. Took that around the fun streets for a good hour too.
That's good to know. I didn't mean to imply that the Mitsubishi dealers HAD refused me a decent drive, I haven't even set foot in the dealership cause I'm not convinced I need a new car yet. More that I have had the old "We have 4 other people waiting for this car if you don't want to sign up" routine fed to me, when I last looked at a new car, and I'm just not willing to buy a car solely based on road reports.

If I were to buy, I'd want to keep the car for at least 5, and probably more years. So I'm quite interested in anything anyone has to say about the TC-SST. It seems like it might be expensive to repair of it does pack up after the warranty expires.

Also, did you notice whether the TC-SST lets you brake while applying throttle? IIRC, the DSG cuts the throttle when the brake is applied simultaneously.

Tags
09, floor, sedans