Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-12-2008, 02:25 PM
STI Master

wannabox at standard level
Default My ECU Options

Guys,

I am going to be moving to Brisbane in Jauary and I currently have a Verso tune, now I understand ASG are the only ones that can do this is this correct? If true I assume my car is going to shit it when I get to Brissy due to the humid weather.

Now what would you suggest I do I am thinking I am going to have to move to a new ECU so that my car can be tuned again when it arrives there?

Any advice on what to go for would be great, not looking at spending big $$$ at this stage, will the car run fine without a re tune anyway?

Cheers

"Usually. Some guys can only dribble while others can shoot three pointers, so it might not make any difference how far they shoot. But in my case, it does."
Old 20-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Dak Dak Boom!

BOMB3R is a guruBOMB3R is a guru

Buy a stock Ecu and have it tuned over there, that way you can always change it when you get back.

Or sell the Verso and go for a stand alone which anyone can tune.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
365hp and 515nm

New Beast to arrive April 2015 - 365hp, 450nm, 0-100 in 4.4sec. AMG Goodness!
Old 20-12-2008, 02:31 PM
STI Master

Thanks mate,

I have the thought of selling her and getting a new car when I get there but I don't think I can bear to part with my baby

"Usually. Some guys can only dribble while others can shoot three pointers, so it might not make any difference how far they shoot. But in my case, it does."
Old 25-12-2008, 10:44 AM
STI Master

maddog at standard level

If your not tuning it yourself then it comes down to what your mechanic prefers or has experience with.

Contact Robin Berado at Perfourmance Motorsport in Qld and discuss what ECU's they can support.
Old 25-12-2008, 11:08 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Hurtenstein at standard level

Cars are bulk cheaper over there.
Old 25-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Elrico at standard level

2 words.

Commodore, skids.
Old 25-12-2008, 12:23 PM
Subaru Tech Division

MKVIGTI at standard level

I know ASG won't touch a car that has been done by ECUTek but will ECUTek refuse one that has already been Verso'ed???

Ring a couple of the guys that do over there and see if any of them will. Chances are there will be one that says yes. You will be up for the full cos with the licence fee if they will do it but won't cost you for a new ECU.

Other option is find someone who is going to be getting a verso on a stock ecu same model as yours and swap ECU + beer for their help.

If your going to swap you will need to do it before you go but if you can find an ECUTek tuner that will do it you don't need to rush into it. Get there see how the car goes. Quite probably you won't have any dramas and leave it till you do some more mods.
Old 25-12-2008, 12:32 PM
STI Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSTi
I know ASG won't touch a car that has been done by ECUTek but will ECUTek refuse one that has already been Verso'ed???

Ring a couple of the guys that do over there and see if any of them will. Chances are there will be one that says yes. You will be up for the full cos with the licence fee if they will do it but won't cost you for a new ECU.

Other option is find someone who is going to be getting a verso on a stock ecu same model as yours and swap ECU + beer for their help.

If your going to swap you will need to do it before you go but if you can find an ECUTek tuner that will do it you don't need to rush into it. Get there see how the car goes. Quite probably you won't have any dramas and leave it till you do some more mods.

Cheers for the advice mate, I thought it might be ok to drive as is and get a new ECU once I do more mods which I will do eventually anyway. I have put her up for sale so if it sells it sells but if I don't get what I am after then in a couple months I will have it sent up to me and sort it all out then.

Thanks Again
Stefan

Tags
ecu, options