Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

vidler101 at standard level
Send a message via MSN to vidler101
Default sorry everyone, another brant Q....

gday everyone, have a weird issue with by MY02 B4 liberty with its brant alarm... hasn't had power for 18 months, finally got the engine back together and ready to go,

Now when i connect the battery the alarm sounds instantly, can get it cranking over while the siren's going mental but never fires due to lack of fuel.

Have both the user and master code and have managed to get it into valet mode during the exit countdown from the manual control (*741) and holding 1, So im guessing my code is still working as i doubt i could get that far without it.

However the manual says once you engage valet mode, turn the key on, the number of starts you have left is meant to flash 3 time's. Mine just stays blank, which im guessing means no starts...

no matter what i try whether its in auto mode, manual or valet, i cant get the engine check light to illuminate.

Im not sure of the processes to either reset the system or when i should be entering the master code.

On occasion i've seen the numbers 1, 2, 3 and 4 flashing in sequence but cant find a reference to that in the manual.

Any help will be much appreciated, as its the only thing stopping me getting it licensed again.

Cheers, Jay
Old 08-05-2009, 09:37 PM

the stereo also flashes SYS (system) not sure if thats related
Old 09-05-2009, 07:45 PM

all sorted... turns out there was another aftermarket alarm system in there playing around with the brant... removed that and brant works as designed. No sirens connected anymore but still have the benefits of the keypad immobilizer.

And that myth about loosing your codes after a few hours and having to reset the system, I think thats bullsh@t hasn't had a battery in it for over 18 months and prior to that its battery was flat for a good 6 months.... So that blows that out of the water

Tags
brant