Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Pits, best one for inspections? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/27399-pits-best-one-inspections.html)

OllieJ 19-06-2009 06:06 PM

i have gone over midland and oconnor. mkdland was with an import and they couldnt read the engone number but let me get it cleaned and come back free of charge. oconnor was with an interstate car. good bloke even helped me get the rusted nsw plate off.

Pimpreza 19-06-2009 06:09 PM

I'd give East Perth a miss, had I gone to any other pits I would have flown through but now I have to wait on the guys in the engineering dept to reply just because I put forester struts & GD control arms in it.
Also Welshpool & O'connor are the only places you can turn up without booking your car in, I'd try Midland & Warwick if I were you or turn up well before 7am at the others in order to get out before lunch time & make sure you pay for the inspection over the phone to save a lot of time.

low rider 19-06-2009 06:32 PM

Been to welshpool twice now and they're good guys

SweLLy 19-06-2009 07:20 PM

welshpool is good...

try going early in the morning it gets fairly busy there

Taktics 19-06-2009 07:32 PM

I get a car inspected every 2 months or so.

East perth - it really depends who you get.

Once i had a 7 seater car, the car came with no head rest at the back. So naturally when i got it inspected...they werent put in. The car was perfect. No mechanic problems, underneath plus interior was tidy. So pretty much got through all the shit he checks, goes for a drive. Then comes back and goes, your heat rest are missing, you will have to come back for a re-inspection(which was $58.40 these days). The thing is, those heat rest obstruct your vision while u look thru your rear view mirror.

Anyways once he says is 1 is 1, if he says is 2 is 2. You cant argue with them. Then again, you get one or two good blokes there, if you have a problem he will just say fix it then come back - no charge on re-inspection.

Warwick - Gone there a few times, good guys to deal with. They let you off with minor things.

I would say warwick is the go.

Midland - havent gone back there since the booking system got introduced. I had my Version 6 STi inspected there when it arrived here from Brisbane. The guy i had was a subaru fan. Love the car, looked in the bay for 2mins, looked under the car for 2mins. When for a drive - stamped my shit. Then off to pay 800dollars worth of stamp duty!

Welshpool - that place is packed at 7am. This is a first comes first served place. Could be ideal if you have a day off and willing to chill in your shiny S204.

Kelmscott - too out of the way, never been there.

But like what Dom said. Clean your car, make sure all basic is working(Park lights/plate lights, indicators, hi/lo beams, wipers/washers, horn). Present your car respectively. Have all your paper work ready. Then you should be ok :)

stinga 19-06-2009 08:07 PM

Did a brand new interstate car at O'Connor, kiss away 3 hours, fucken joke...
Book in somewhere and save yourself some time.
Al

Pimpreza 19-06-2009 11:02 PM

[QUOTE=Taktics]I get a car inspected every 2 months or so.

East perth - it really depends who you get.

Once i had a 7 seater car, the car came with no head rest at the back. So naturally when i got it inspected...they werent put in. The car was perfect. No mechanic problems, underneath plus interior was tidy. So pretty much got through all the shit he checks, goes for a drive. Then comes back and goes, your heat rest are missing, you will have to come back for a re-inspection(which was $58.40 these days). The thing is, those heat rest obstruct your vision while u look thru your rear view mirror.

Anyways once he says is 1 is 1, if he says is 2 is 2. You cant argue with them. Then again, you get one or two good blokes there, if you have a problem he will just say fix it then come back - no charge on re-inspection.

Warwick - Gone there a few times, good guys to deal with. They let you off with minor things.

I would say warwick is the go.

Midland - havent gone back there since the booking system got introduced. I had my Version 6 STi inspected there when it arrived here from Brisbane. The guy i had was a subaru fan. Love the car, looked in the bay for 2mins, looked under the car for 2mins. When for a drive - stamped my shit. Then off to pay 800dollars worth of stamp duty!

Welshpool - that place is packed at 7am. This is a first comes first served place. Could be ideal if you have a day off and willing to chill in your shiny S204.

Kelmscott - too out of the way, never been there.

But like what Dom said. Clean your car, make sure all basic is working(Park lights/plate lights, indicators, hi/lo beams, wipers/washers, horn). Present your car respectively. Have all your paper work ready. Then you should be ok :)[/QUOTE]
I'd just about lay money it was inspector 222, the guys at Wpool engineering had never heard of him but indicated he must be a bit of a tool without actually saying it, he knocked back my wheel carrier & made me take it off on the spot but the engineering guys passed it when I took it in to them to check it.
Then refused to drive it because he found a loose bolt, I asked if I could borrow a 14mm spanner & he gave me a funny look even though I know they have them(he was going to make me get it towed home but I borrowed one off another inspector while the prick was doing the paperwork) Then the prick still refused to drive it but scored the tow home bit off the paperwork, it's been delayed by 4 weeks now, still waiting on word from engineering aggggh

[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c119/d_generate/ofr.jpg[/IMG]

dtrally 20-06-2009 12:37 AM

^^^ Tom, he was right to knock you on the wheel carrier, and Engineering have overlooked the fact that your lights are not visible from the opposite side. That's why Pajero's etc have the lights in the bumper under the wheel. And why aftermarket carriers like Kaymar have additional lights mounted on the arm.

(not to mention the fact that it looks uglier than a Ssanyong Stavic)

damo 20-06-2009 01:35 AM

went to o'conner on thursday had no problems really hids n everything got over only thing they questioned was the colour of my Parker lights but I got over so yay and the guys at o'conner arnt to bad

Pimpreza 20-06-2009 01:51 PM

[QUOTE=dtrally]^^^ Tom, he was right to knock you on the wheel carrier, and Engineering have overlooked the fact that your lights are not visible from the opposite side. That's why Pajero's etc have the lights in the bumper under the wheel. And why aftermarket carriers like Kaymar have additional lights mounted on the arm.

(not to mention the fact that it looks uglier than a Ssanyong Stavic)[/QUOTE]
Sorry Doug but you are wrong on this occasion, the car was half way over the pit when he measured it which isn't really possible, he just took a guess, I took it to engineering at welshpool & they measured it & the lights can be seen from 45deg which is the standard requirement..........I love it, gives me a big hole in the back to put junk/tools/contraband etc without cluttering up the back ;)
Oh and that pic is distorted because I had a play with it, doesn't actually look that big.