Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-07-2009, 05:57 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

woobla at standard level
Default Could it be me?

Hi guys. I really really need to vent!!.

Ok so I was trying to do the intake snorkle removal mod that sounds so easy!!! (GC8) . Well it looks easy but it doesn't help when those crappy plastic screws are allready pre-threaded and almost unable to turn ( plus I threaded them some more during my efforts). So I could not get those off, so the mod couldn't go ahead.

Secondly as I was doing this in the evening near darkness but had a LED torch with me, I noticed that all over my paintwork it has very fine swirl marks (scratches) like somebody has been polishing incorrectly... Now I have been polishing recently and have never noticed these before. Please tell me I wasn't the one who did it?.

I rinsed the car, then gave it a wash with some Mcguiars premium car wash and used one of those wool mits. Then I rinsed it all off, Then I dried it with a cloth (auto cloth)

Then I applied some Mcguiars premium auto wax to a dry applicator (the yellow piece of cheese) and started swirling it into the paint work. Then I would let it dry for a minute the swirl it off with a micro fibre towel. Forced use was moderate. I didn't use a light touch.

PLEASE tell me I haven't missed a step?. I followed the Mcguiars directions as it said on the bottle. AND YES I KNOW I SOUND LIKE A TARD AND PERHAPS I Am.. but 4 years of uni studying a random degree + no car have removed the MAN in me !!!.

Last edited by woobla; 23-07-2009 at 06:00 PM.

Tags
boongs piss off, drilling ikea furniture = fail!, i like aeroplane jelly, polish your knob it's more fun, wax on wax off, wax one in her