Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff
Default MY010 Sti

Has anyone heard of any updates coming? MY08 & MY09 same same so it must be due for some upgrades this time around. They seem to get upgraded every two years.

The spec C got a bigger turbo so maybe this will flow down but probably only JDM.

Brendon
Old 19-08-2009, 03:21 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

I like what your thinkin. New rally car eh?

http://kap.industries/
Old 19-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSGT View Post
I like what your thinkin. New rally car eh?
I would certainly be heading that way because I think the new sti is a better thing than an evo x in tarmac spec. however....... I can ring heaphy up at Ralliart and get a spankers evo x for $44k. Already in aus, b reg only. Easy as. Landed at your front door in a week.

The subaru motorsport australia dude, (phil rogers) is as weak as piss and tells you that the only place you can get a JDM sti is from Motor image in Singapore. Richard there will return general emails and send you photos of cars and tell you he has cars but will not divulge any pricing. Problem here is that they will not supply a car without a cage. i.e. you pay them to strip the car there and install the cage then re install everything. Then you pull it all apart and go again and put more stuff in the car etc. You then have to pay customs on the total value of the car i.e. car + cage + labour. Also I hear on the grapevine that they have over 30 MY07 STi spec C's. Brand new, no cage old model. Problem is that they want $40k + for them while they are still in singapore. i.e. by the time you got them here and paid customs / freight etc you would not get any change out of $55k. For a car that is clearly not as fast as a evo 9 RS. I am tempted to ring him and offer him $35k for a brand new MY07 spec C landed in perth with no cage which I believe is a fair price.

I know (give or take) what maximums paid for their two my08's but they had to wait over 12 months for them and they went 3/4 of the way around the world before they got them. They went through the official channels.

Other option was to buy a brand new / demo ADM sti and put one of the 2ltr sti my08 test motors in it from JWS but alas aparently they are a different wiring loom. All too hard.

So, I dont want to buy an Evo 9 because no question they are an absolute weapon and the tool of choice at the moment but all the development parts etc are going to go into the evo x onwards.

I dont really want an MY07 Sti because there is no question that the my 08 onwards is a much better thing. Apart from anything else it has heaps more torque.

Also the if I walked into MMS tommorow and asked them to build me a new Sti to the same spec as the two they have (i.e. tick ALL the sti boxes) I would not get any change out of $180k. Me thinks buy a JDM GTR for $100, get LF to put a cage in it and do a little prep for best guess $15k. Quinn won targa tas on standard struts so there is a $18k saving over a sti straight away. Running costs would no doubt be higher on a gtr but cant be too far away.

Anyways back on topic.

Brendon
Old 19-08-2009, 08:49 PM
STI Master

DJDINO at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by urabus View Post
I would certainly be heading that way because I think the new sti is a better thing than an evo x in tarmac spec. however....... I can ring heaphy up at Ralliart and get a spankers evo x for $44k. Already in aus, b reg only. Easy as. Landed at your front door in a week.

The subaru motorsport australia dude, (phil rogers) is as weak as piss and tells you that the only place you can get a JDM sti is from Motor image in Singapore. Richard there will return general emails and send you photos of cars and tell you he has cars but will not divulge any pricing. Problem here is that they will not supply a car without a cage. i.e. you pay them to strip the car there and install the cage then re install everything. Then you pull it all apart and go again and put more stuff in the car etc. You then have to pay customs on the total value of the car i.e. car + cage + labour. Also I hear on the grapevine that they have over 30 MY07 STi spec C's. Brand new, no cage old model. Problem is that they want $40k + for them while they are still in singapore. i.e. by the time you got them here and paid customs / freight etc you would not get any change out of $55k. For a car that is clearly not as fast as a evo 9 RS. I am tempted to ring him and offer him $35k for a brand new MY07 spec C landed in perth with no cage which I believe is a fair price.

I know (give or take) what maximums paid for their two my08's but they had to wait over 12 months for them and they went 3/4 of the way around the world before they got them. They went through the official channels.

Other option was to buy a brand new / demo ADM sti and put one of the 2ltr sti my08 test motors in it from JWS but alas aparently they are a different wiring loom. All too hard.

So, I dont want to buy an Evo 9 because no question they are an absolute weapon and the tool of choice at the moment but all the development parts etc are going to go into the evo x onwards.

I dont really want an MY07 Sti because there is no question that the my 08 onwards is a much better thing. Apart from anything else it has heaps more torque.

Also the if I walked into MMS tommorow and asked them to build me a new Sti to the same spec as the two they have (i.e. tick ALL the sti boxes) I would not get any change out of $180k. Me thinks buy a JDM GTR for $100, get LF to put a cage in it and do a little prep for best guess $15k. Quinn won targa tas on standard struts so there is a $18k saving over a sti straight away. Running costs would no doubt be higher on a gtr but cant be too far away.

Anyways back on topic.

Brendon
Interested in your thoughts on the EVO X (The X looks to have a better chassis but has put on some weight) as it seems the last of the EVO generations seems to be the best ie the III, VI, IX, so basically wait for the EVO XII.

Will be keen to see how Glenney gets along with his EVO X.
Old 20-08-2009, 09:15 AM

I would shy away from even the jdm 2008 2l. Crappy pistons cant take it compared to old stuff. MMS in their million dollar sti's still had a piston melt in targa taz. Weak sause!

Old 20-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Quote:
I would shy away from even the jdm 2008 2l. Crappy pistons cant take it compared to old stuff. MMS in their million dollar sti's still had a piston melt in targa taz. Weak sause!
JDM 2L FTW! plus its homologated as a 2L...
Old 20-08-2009, 11:22 AM

nauli knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by urabus View Post
. Me thinks buy a JDM GTR for $100, get LF to put a cage in it and do a little prep for best guess $15k. Quinn won targa tas on standard struts so there is a $18k saving over a sti straight away. Running costs would no doubt be higher on a gtr but cant be too far away.

Brendon
There's your answer right there Brendon...now get back to concentrating on the task at hand...Targa West!! See you this arvo...
Old 20-08-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEstEr? View Post
JDM 2L FTW! plus its homologated as a 2L...
Are you able to chuck in the 2002 spec 207 short block and run it with the later model heads etc and still be speced as a my2010?

Old 20-08-2009, 01:12 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

WRC at standard level

Nope.

Well not legally.
Old 20-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Subaru Tech Division

WRXTASY at standard level

Quote:
Its all in the engine tune and how close to the limit you want to run....
(read into that what you want)
And how cheaply you can rebuild an engine of course...

Tags
get a gtr, get off the crack pipe blue.spec, my010, sti