Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2006, 11:19 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

XKLUSIVWRX at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir WRX
It was actually resprayed in 2002 Subaru WRC Blue. Colour code 02C!

This car was originally owned by an Indonesian student from Curtin - I bought it from him and modified it further - it was one of the Stars at Autosalon 2004 - see my Avatar!
when i got it off you, the car was overboosting so bad haha. it was boosting 1.4 bar, no wonder the ecu couldn't take it and keep on cutting off. what did you do to it to make it boost up to 1.4 bar? its not the cold weather or anything as you said. had to install alot of things like fmic, boost controller, ecu etc to get the car right and faster mate. but yeah, good car overall.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:23 PM
cH4nZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexbois
HRM Team Emperor ???
Other club I'm with.
and.....? What, is there an issue you have with that?
Old 06-09-2006, 12:20 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Sir WRX at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKLUSIVWRX
when i got it off you, the car was overboosting so bad haha. it was boosting 1.4 bar, no wonder the ecu couldn't take it and keep on cutting off. what did you do to it to make it boost up to 1.4 bar? its not the cold weather or anything as you said. had to install alot of things like fmic, boost controller, ecu etc to get the car right and faster mate. but yeah, good car overall.
Nah mate I didn't sell the car to you - it was actually sold to one of my mates from South Africa, in 2004, who must have sold it on to you! It actually has a history of overboosting especially in cold weather. However with the Prochip installed (Unichip) from the APS Stage 1 kit, and the right tune, it would not overboost (even though the Prochip is very basic in terms of tuning functionality). I have no idea why it may have started overboosting again!

It was a pretty fast car for the basic mechanical mods - I gave CREEPIN (the MY03 STI when he was running a FMIC) a run one night coming back from the Motorplex...we were level up to 190kmh, before I decided to back off. Not bad for a mildly modded GC8 vs a modded 03 STI

Anyway hope you had fun with the car
Old 06-09-2006, 06:30 AM
Sign me up!
Sir AntiLag

maniac at standard level
Send a message via MSN to maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cH4nZ
Well I think the plastic strap is strong enough for a decent impact, but the bracket itself, I actually bolted it down through the steel under the parcel shelf so should be good.
Unless youre using very good bolts with high shearing rates and tensile strength I'd not rely on that theory one bit. If "bolts" just means standard metal screws....well, i'd not trust it to any degree. I'm sure some clever bugger could quote you forces acting against the bolts and straps based on a 2.kg object vs 110Kph stopping inertia....110 being our maximum posted speed

As for the platic strap holding it in, again - doubt it. The plastic is sitting exposed to sunlight - probably on a regular basis, so will become more brittle with time. Seriously, thats a death waiting to happen. No reason to be there other for posing value. Mount it on the floor - if it all goes horridbly wrong its a) close to hand and b) if it does tear loose it can only hit your legs, not your head.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:50 AM
STI Master

MaD_OwNeD at standard level

Quote:
Other club I'm with.
i like your sticker on the bonnet, but i don't think you have enough stickers on it sweet ride though. gotta love the GC8's
Old 06-09-2006, 12:55 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

EvilCabbage at standard level

Quote:
Well I think the plastic strap is strong enough for a decent impact, but the bracket itself, I actually bolted it down through the steel under the parcel shelf so should be good.
I will confirm for you, right now that the plastic straps are shit and if there is an impact, that (oversized) fire extinguisher will either go:
Straight through your windscreen
or
Into your passenger
or
Into you.

Thoroughly, amazingly retarded mounting position. Dangerous beyond belief quite frankly.

**edit: Holy suffering shit, there are kids seats in the back. Remove the extinguisher in case you hit somebody and kill one of the kids... ffs...
Old 06-09-2006, 01:03 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Ive got the same extinguisher setup in the Liberty , when I crashed it broke out of the plastic clips.... youve been warned.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-09-2006, 01:06 PM
Sir AntiLag

rexbois at standard level

Quote:
Other club I'm with.

na not me bro im fine with it
Old 06-09-2006, 01:09 PM
Subaru Tech Division

TopGear at standard level

I had my extiguisher in my boot and it came loose and looked in my boot couple weeks later to find a lot of dust and an empty extuinsher
Old 06-09-2006, 01:09 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Simon at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay
Ive got the same extinguisher setup in the Liberty , when I crashed it broke out of the plastic clips.... youve been warned.
where did u have your extinguisher mounted tee jay?

i have mine mounted in the same place on the back shelf, but if it breaks that easily i mite move it

Forester GT
Closed Thread

Tags
ride, show