Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2006, 01:21 PM
Sir AntiLag

Narchi at standard level

yeah i know. that was most of my quotes to. and yeah if i did my front rotors and disk (which they did say neede dto be done aswell) it would have been 950
Old 04-01-2006, 07:33 PM
wrx46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narchi
Yes it did.
They did everything that needed to be done as per the 100k service book aswell as more (he replaced some missing bolts from body kit and also replaces some hoses that were cracked and some seals that were leaking which no1 else had done b4) like i said also he ran through everything that needed to be done with the car aswell as giving me prices so i could compare and save the money. Told me what was urgent wat wasnt.
all other quotes i got were about 1000-1500 excluding tran and diff oil change whereas 650 covered that to.
Agip oil used and redline for trans.
Also im a bit iffy on city subaru now. Took my car there today and they told me my 99 sti runs 10 boost factory. Even tho just about every1 and research tells me it run 18 aswell as that is wat it ran b4. so i dont think ill b taking my car there in the future.

Some one must be very globule here and I tell you why:

100K interval 4 service items to be (must) replaced are as follow

Engine coolant
Brake fluid
Air filter element
Fuel filter
Camshaft drive belt
Engine oil
Engine oil filter
Transmitting oil (If Automatic replace oil too)
Rear differential oil
Front differential oil
Spark plugs

Dealers recommended time is 6 hr @ $75.00 (?) = 375.000 labor only, means he had left $275.00 for replacement spares,seals and RedLine oils ? Looks like Christmas and New Year the same day and I would be very worried……

Last edited by wrx46; 04-01-2006 at 07:35 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:51 AM
Sir AntiLag

Narchi at standard level

u missed belt tensioners.
and yes all that was done. They dont charge 75 bucks ph. that would help.
dealers should learn wat they r doing 2. 5 diff subaru service departments 5 diff answers for wat boost my 99 sti should b running at. bit rude for calling someone gullible wen they did the research shopped around and got the best deal. saw all parts that were goin on and saw all the parts that were replaced. wat more can u ask for. all done as per book to. hey i dont work for the store or nuthing. ppl asked who they would recommend and i did aswell as the price being quite good.

Last edited by Narchi; 05-01-2006 at 12:58 AM.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:45 AM
wrx46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narchi
u missed belt tensioners.
and yes all that was done. They dont charge 75 bucks ph. that would help.
dealers should learn wat they r doing 2. 5 diff subaru service departments 5 diff answers for wat boost my 99 sti should b running at. bit rude for calling someone gullible wen they did the research shopped around and got the best deal. saw all parts that were goin on and saw all the parts that were replaced. wat more can u ask for. all done as per book to. hey i dont work for the store or nuthing. ppl asked who they would recommend and i did aswell as the price being quite good.

Well mate you are some lucky Subaru owner in town , they even throw you a new belt tensioner all for the modest sum of $650.00. (the above all inclusive) Are you sure they didn’t give you a new set of tires and a ticket to Bali as well..? Wouldn’t mind to know the address of the service centre, might ask them what boost should runs my wrx….
Old 05-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Sir AntiLag

Narchi at standard level

well u seem to know all so maybe u can tell me wat boost my car should run at. Prob jsut be another diff answer. as far as ive heard from about subarus from non dealers and atleast they all been consistent is wrx run 12-14 and sti 16-18 whereas dealers tell me wrx run 6-8 8-10 10-12 and sti run 8-10 10-11 10-12 11-13 13-14.
Some1 please tell me wat it actually runs at and maybe u wanna explain to me the non consistency of a subaru dealer.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:45 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

why not just stick a boost gauge on and see what its running ? :P
Old 05-01-2006, 04:02 PM
Sir AntiLag

Narchi at standard level

oh i mean it was running at 18 but now running at 10. dealers been telling me that standard is like 8 till 13 depending on dealer which im just stating is pretty pathetic considering the money they charge. ud think that they would all saw the same thing n no wat it should b running at
Old 06-01-2006, 09:08 AM
STI Master

B4GT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to B4GT

I just got mine serviced yesterday from Jim Hall aka Blue Star, car is running very good now, was just a basic service interval 1 oil, oilfilter, and upperhead cleaner, cleared up a flat spot i had. I think he charges about the $50-60/hour mark. Not sure the exact price of a interval 1 as we do barter work. But call Jim on 0413900796 or 93096614 for a exact quote. Im sure he will be much cheaper than most of the dealers/workshops tell him Ante sent ya
Old 07-01-2006, 09:22 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Trits at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Trits

Are most of the workshops open yet? I need to get the 100k service done ASAP, i'm already over by 2000 km and if that timing belt goes i'll be up the creek.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:39 AM
STI Master

B4GT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to B4GT

Give Jim a call, hes a mobile workshop, so he can come to your work or home. Im pretty sure most business's will be back to normal from the 9th January

Tags
cost, service, standard