Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 09:10 AM
STI Master

axle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauli View Post
There is absolutely no doubt that the track hire price will increase substantially. ATM we pay around $4.6K for a weekend full day....in Vic for example, I think the daily hire price for Phillip Island is about $15K and around $11-12 for Sandown. We have been pretty well off in WA (so far)...
Price may go up but so will availability, with two seperate events being able to be run at the same time (ie one on the new short circuit and one on the current circuit).

Joining WASCC and going on tuning days will still probably be the most cost effective way to get track time regularly.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:17 AM
STI Master

evlgurl at standard level
Send a message via MSN to evlgurl

Holy crap. Wow, so the prices will go up a fair bit.
I suppose the track will compare to nothing like it here in WA. So we can at least be thankful for the opportunity.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

I would say that prices will nearly double.. But if two parties are using both tracks then the price will be similar to previous??
Old 10-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

I don't think there is the numbers to warrant two usages. There are plenty of car events going that sometimes struggle for numbers, unless the bikes or something similar are wanting more events..
Say hello to $400 track days.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:06 AM
STI Master

axle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT43 View Post
I don't think there is the numbers to warrant two usages. There are plenty of car events going that sometimes struggle for numbers, unless the bikes or something similar are wanting more events..
Say hello to $400 track days.
I think you are looking at it from the wrong perspective. From a club point of view wanting to get a group of members out there to warrent track hire you could be right. From a commercial perspective the current track is booked out most of the time. It was surprising when I would go up there buying racing fuel how often a group of 4-6 racers would book it out for private practice.

You just need to check this out to see how busy it is on Friday-Sundays especially
http://wascc.com.au/Docs/2010/other_events.pdf
Old 10-08-2010, 10:20 AM
Flat Four Father

Quote:
Originally Posted by axle View Post
I think you are looking at it from the wrong perspective. From a club point of view wanting to get a group of members out there to warrent track hire you could be right. From a commercial perspective the current track is booked out most of the time. It was surprising when I would go up there buying racing fuel how often a group of 4-6 racers would book it out for private practice.
I do understand that the place is quiet often booked out during the sort of "off peak" times by guys for private practice. I've been lucky enough to tag along with one of my guys from work who is getting into Improved production so hired the track out for himself. Unfortunately that is big bucks and the other option is the shared time of about $100 per hour but that isn't exactly economical and even when he has done that there is only a few other guys out there.
Anyway the perspective that is going to effect most punters here is at the club level so its worth commenting on. Considering that a lot of the guys that want to have a crack at getting onto the track are younger/ still at uni/ tightarses then its going to be harder.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:32 AM
STI Master

axle at standard level

Quote:
Anyway the perspective that is going to effect most punters here is at the club level so its worth commenting on. Considering that a lot of the guys that want to have a crack at getting onto the track are younger/ still at uni/ tightarses then its going to be harder.
Yeah your right. For people who want a more cost effective way to get out on the track once a month (ish) joining WASCC (its a bit pricey but includes entry to all racing inc V8s) and then paying the $50-60 for a whole days track time on tuning days is pretty good. They usually run a few different sessions.
Open Wheelers, Racing Cars and Road Cars separately. That way you wont be out there with a Sports Sedan doing 100km/h faster than you down the straight.
I have been a member of WASCC but since selling my track car have let the membership lapse. Worth a look tho.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Flat Four Father

Quote:
Originally Posted by axle View Post
Yeah your right. For people who want a more cost effective way to get out on the track once a month (ish) joining WASCC (its a bit pricey but includes entry to all racing inc V8s) and then paying the $50-60 for a whole days track time on tuning days is pretty good. They usually run a few different sessions.
Open Wheelers, Racing Cars and Road Cars separately. That way you wont be out there with a Sports Sedan doing 100km/h faster than you down the straight.
I have been a member of WASCC but since selling my track car have let the membership lapse. Worth a look tho.
Yep, I joined the WASCC for the first time this year and bang for buck it is definetely the way to go.
Unfortunately the tuning days are during work time so for the average guy they have to take a day off work which makes the savings disappear ( sickie FTW )
It also means that you don't usually get to rub shoulders with the usual suspects of the club days which is usually half the fun.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:52 AM
STI Master

axle at standard level

Quote:
Yep, I joined the WASCC for the first time this year and bang for buck it is definetely the way to go.
Unfortunately the tuning days are during work time so for the average guy they have to take a day off work which makes the savings disappear ( sickie FTW )
It also means that you don't usually get to rub shoulders with the usual suspects of the club days which is usually half the fun.
They usually have 1 tuning day a month on a weekend. Plus get a few wrx boys together and a "tuning day" could get great fun
Old 29-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

Just a quick FYI. Surveying commences at Barbagello's this week. We will be carrying out a preliminary survey of the existing track and a surrounding area, which will be where the new track extension is planned to go.

Tags
barb, barbagello, liberal, rescue