Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   pignose wrx mods budget (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/38490-pignose-wrx-mods-budget.html)

azkgtr 15-11-2010 12:21 PM

pignose wrx mods budget

Hi guys i currently have a pignose wrx and was thinking about doing some further mods but need an idea of pricing. Im not much of a car enthusiast but would like to give the car a little more grunt. Any ideas n pricing would help. My budget would be $5000 all up inc labour if possible. Below is what the car currently has already.

HKS BOV
Custom Air intake
Apexi air filter
3" custom cat back exhaust.

American Dave 15-11-2010 12:24 PM

spend $1000 and get the pignose tuned if you have not already.

MKVIGTI 15-11-2010 12:25 PM

Loose the BOV put in a decent fuel pump & Custom tune it. ECUTek or Verso ( No the argument doesn't need to start again just pick one )

If your really keen look at a slightly larger turbo. If you do when you tune it you'll save a couple of hundred down the track.

Kato 15-11-2010 12:26 PM

1. Search, all been covered numerous times.
2. Find your favourite workshop (ASG/RT/MMS/RMS etc)
3. Ask them their recommendations given your driving style (i.e. no point building a high hp dyno queen, which is useless to drive on the street)
4. Most will recommend a VF34, injectors, fuel pump and install. Will provide a smile on your face.
5. Look at suspesion and brake upgrades (sway bars, decent wheel alignment, springs, pads, rotors etc). No point going fast if you can't corner or stop.
6. Go do some driver training track days. Best mod you can ever do for your car.

V3 RA 15-11-2010 12:28 PM

[QUOTE=Kato;512075]1. Search, all been covered numerous times.
2. Find your favourite workshop (ASG/RT/MMS/RMS etc)
3. Ask them their recommendations given your driving style (i.e. no point building a high hp dyno queen, which is useless to drive on the street)
4. Most will recommend a VF34, injectors, fuel pump and install. Will provide a smile on your face.
5. Look at suspesion and brake upgrades (sway bars, decent wheel alignment, springs, pads, rotors etc). No point going fast if you can't corner or stop.
6. Go do some driver training track days. Best mod you can ever do for your car.[/QUOTE]

this.../thread

azkgtr 15-11-2010 12:33 PM

i already have front and rear sway bars and dba rotors as well. I was thinking about a boost controller, flash, and TBE for the hp end and then upgrade my suspension and bigger brake pads.

BOMB3R 15-11-2010 12:37 PM

Set yourself up for a bigger huffer. Headers, Decaps, Fuel Pump and Tune. That'll make a dent in the 5k. What's left put towards a bigger Turbo, TD05 20g is plenty.

azkgtr 15-11-2010 12:40 PM

ok i understood fuel pump,tune & bigger turbo..not sure about the rest..lol..boost controller?

azkgtr 15-11-2010 12:41 PM

ohh i also have got a bigger top mount IC process west one as well..

jungleboy 15-11-2010 12:48 PM

Don't need the boost controller, the retune will cover boost control. Probably look at upgrading the stock boost control solenoid(i.e. MAC 3 port solenoid), which most tuning shops can provide.