Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   How long do you keep your Rex? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/39947-how-long-do-you-keep-your-rex.html)

V3 RA 02-02-2011 03:49 PM

i got the urge for more power after owning my club spec evo 2 for just over a year, bought the STi RA which i have had for bit over 2 years now, bought a daily about 10 months ago so i guess i have had something new to play with almost every year since i got my license.

I think there is definately a point you reach when you get bored and want something new, I'd use that as an excuse to modify :) But i could see myself becoming bored of a stock car very quickly and going through a 2 year cycle like Kym said.

Hell, if my car was running I'd be very close to seeing if there was any interest and flogging it to buy 'Boosted's 05 STi which is for sale currently...i think i have fallen in love! But then there is that Version 6 STi RA for sale as well...

Must be that time in the 2 year cycle, there are so many cars for sale on pdiddy atm!

trainwrex 02-02-2011 03:59 PM

7 years this year.. Could never really think of selling..

Justin s 02-02-2011 04:00 PM

I had my previous wrx for nearly four years and have had my STI for one year now. I never really plan on selling the STI, but I go through phases of wanting to sell every now and then with thoughts of buying an rx7. Which has been on my mind for the last month :p

ITGRIPS 02-02-2011 04:03 PM

my rex i had for around 3 years, only sold it cause it was a little too small for what we wanted to do ( large dog didn't fit in the hatch very comfortably so bought the Forester ). i also had a company car at the time so it wasn't used very often. i changed jobs and didn't have a company car anymore and wished i hadnt sold the wrx!! :( but... the Lib fills the void well enough i guess!

the VK i have had now for around 8 years and have no plans to sell anytime soon!

Lib i will hang on to for a bit then maybe sell, not really sure on it's future yet.

BALISTC 02-02-2011 04:10 PM

9 years and counting :)

I simply cant replace it with anything under $100k at the moment, and until I can afford to drop $100k on a car, I'll be keeping it :D

Damo69 02-02-2011 04:12 PM

i owned my BA XR8 until i decided i had spent enough money and didnt wanna chip in 15k for a blower to get the performance i wanted.

so i bought a 05 STI instead. the cycle continues - due to the failz motor i might be looking for a new car sooner than i thought. but the STI owes me alot less than the XR did so there are still a few pennys in the pocket for the old girl.

maybe a built motor, maybe not watch this space

Rossco 02-02-2011 04:19 PM

I'll never sell my Sti..... ever.

I'd wanted a version 6 since they were first released (a buddy of mine had one from new), so there's no inclination to sell it now that I have it.

Who knows what level of mods my car will have in 5 years? I do know that I'll still own it though.

REXXXED 02-02-2011 04:25 PM

Who else just got a mental image of a 90 year old Rossco going to a car cruise in his Version 6?

MattuZ 02-02-2011 04:35 PM

i get pretty attached to my cars, but in saying that i will probably be looking at something new in the next couple of months

only owned my current car for roughly 6 months too

EXPLICIT 02-02-2011 05:09 PM

ever 2-3 years.