Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   How long do you keep your Rex? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/39947-how-long-do-you-keep-your-rex.html)

Zombee 02-02-2011 02:50 PM

How long do you keep your Rex?

Hi All,

Yesterday was a monumental day in the history of me owning cars. It was 4 yrs to the day that I picked up my new STi. That is a record for me owning a car.

BUT, I can feel that urge to get a new ride again. There's absolutely nothing wrong with my car. Its got plenty of grunt, handles quite well, has some decent tunes and only has 34,000kms on the odo and is immaculate. But I find myself looking at other cars now.

Do you chaps get the same itch after owning your ride for awhile and then offloading it even when there's nothing wrong with it? Is it better to do a spend on your ride to lust after it again or is it better to sever ties and go with the new ride?

How long do you guys keep your ride?

Are the new Evo's any good? ;)

Cheers
Zombee :)

ImPreSiV 02-02-2011 02:53 PM

I have a 2 year pattern... usually change cars after 2 years. The lux's 2 year anniversary is in April, but I won't be selling it... instead just buying another STI

MY99GT 02-02-2011 03:02 PM

My wrp10 has been with me for 15 months, and thats the longest I have ever owned a car. Working in the car industry I have always changed cars after 8-10 months.

gorotsuki69 02-02-2011 03:05 PM

bought new in Dec 04 and no intention to sell

Wozzernux 02-02-2011 03:08 PM

4th anniversary coming up in April. I've deliberately kept mine stock because I didn't want to be constantly pouring money into a modded daily driver haha :D parts, maintenance, fuel and general upkeep for a stock WRX is bad enough. [b]Most[/b] owners on here treat theirs as a constant ongoing project that will never be 100% completed to perfection.

In saying that though, WRX for a daily driver is the best life decision I've made so far. I've loved every day of it, even the day I lunched a gearbox which is a given for any WRX owner.

Strubaru 02-02-2011 03:11 PM

i must admit when i bought my foz it was just going to be for a couple of years but found i got pretty attached to it the more mods i did to it LOL now 5 years later (and many $$$ in mods) i find i can't even entertain the thought of selling the old girl, if i get another car i'll still keep the foz :cool:

PRODIGY 02-02-2011 03:18 PM

I owned my last WRX for almost 4 years, that is the longest i've ever owned a car and i've been driving for 20 years. I always just get bored and fancy something different.

Rexxar 02-02-2011 03:36 PM

4 years coming up pretty soon on the STI now 92k on odo, If however the 207 engine pops or get a yellow(touch wood) will just become a money pit and hard parked for its life
The GC8 is coming up 6 years still stock with zort and pod lulz now with 178k
I have no intension of selling the STI but the GC8 is always in my mind make way for new daily/4x4

GTB Liberty 02-02-2011 03:44 PM

Last car I had for 15 years - as long as the 255 engine of failz holds out say 15 years.

Autopilot 02-02-2011 03:44 PM

I drive my cars into the ground couldn't bare to sell any of them.