Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Warranty question / advice needed. (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/40568-warranty-question-advice-needed.html)

Rossco 01-03-2011 09:37 PM

The warranty will only cover originally fitted components......No chance of a 6 speed as they can't warrant it.

What's wrong with your 5 speed?

Sulph 01-03-2011 09:38 PM

[QUOTE=MY00GC8;541009]did they tell you that the 100,000km service had been carried out?
or did u just look at the books, either way id be kicking up a fuss, as youve always been under the impression its done, they should not have stamped the 100,000 section[/QUOTE]

We just looked at the books to see that it had been done... I know I should have asked, and a mistake made on my behalf.

But surely this should still be covered under warranty as the logbook is claiming it's been done?

Sulph 01-03-2011 09:41 PM

[QUOTE=Rossco;541010]The warranty will only cover originally fitted components......No chance of a 6 speed as they can't warrant it.

What's wrong with your 5 speed?[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with the 5spd, and seeing as the gearbox is being rebuilt completely free of charge, i couldn't be happier.

Just want the 6spd for wank factor I suppose :D

inrextc 01-03-2011 09:43 PM

[QUOTE=Sulph;541013]Nothing wrong with the 5spd, and seeing as the gearbox is being rebuilt completely free of charge, i couldn't be happier.

Just want the 6spd for wank factor I suppose :D[/QUOTE]

I think Ross means what is wrong with it to warrant a rebuild?

mARC 01-03-2011 09:44 PM

[QUOTE=Sulph;541012]We just looked at the books to see that it had been done... I know I should have asked, and a mistake made on my behalf.

But surely this should still be covered under warranty as the logbook is claiming it's been done?[/QUOTE]

He's just told you that they've autherised the service completed 'by stamping it', I really cant see how they'd have a leg to stand on if you were to contest it.

Hence asking for what you've previously told us they've stated in writing.

Sulph 01-03-2011 09:45 PM

[QUOTE=inrextc;541015]I think Ross means what is wrong with it to warrant a rebuild?[/QUOTE]

Gear whine through 1-2-3, very loud whine, almost sounds like its umm, scraping.

4-5 have noticable diff whine, so i might score a diff out of this as well.

STEVO 01-03-2011 09:46 PM

Now that I think about it, what they have done by signing it off on the 100,000 kms log page, saying it was because there was no room and it was the next page in the book, this will go down as some form of misrepresentation I would imagine, which could get them in alot of strife. I would take it up with the big wigs at Ford, go to the top, Im sure they (Ford) wouldnt want a problem on their hands. Just get back to them and let them know, you are looking into it further, in depth (make em sweat)

Kato 01-03-2011 09:50 PM

Tell them you are going to fair trading/mta unless the 100000km service is not completed as represented in their paperwork.

grumpyrex 02-03-2011 10:14 AM

By stamping the log book they are stating that the service has been performed to the vehicle manufacturers specifications. I would recommend going to MTA if they don't resolve this isssue to your satisfaction.

JDM_STYLE 02-03-2011 10:25 AM

[QUOTE=grumpyrex;541194]By stamping the log book they are stating that the service has been performed to the vehicle manufacturers specifications. I would recommend going to MTA if they don't resolve this isssue to your satisfaction.[/QUOTE]

Yep, go see the MTA and give them all the details and see what they can do but at the same time contact consumer affairs.

Call today tonight as they're always looking for stories hahahaha. :D