Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Just a warning to not buy this car (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/44183-just-warning-not-buy-car.html)

Shinobiken 21-08-2011 01:34 AM

wat a waste, such a neat car inside and out!!

grumpyrex 21-08-2011 08:35 AM

Going by the add I'm guessing this yard is some sort of sales facillitator ([COLOR="Red"]We are located 20 minutes NORTH of PERTH and we are HASSLE FREE as we have NO SALESMEN! You deal with the owners direct[/COLOR]). This, I presume would then put the onus of disclosure for information about prior history, speedo reading etc, onto the owner of the vehicle rather than the car yard.
As others have said, if you looking at buying a vehicle do your research, ask questions, and get it checked by a reputable workshop [B][U]before[/U][/B] making any offer or placing a deposit.

Brett Allan 21-08-2011 09:22 AM

[QUOTE=MANN;599108]oh god haha

Same dealer i visited to view a 2002 black sti
Rare black sti rims, (looked at them and they were gold rims painted black)
3 sti rims 1 random rim which they didnt know about haha
5 speed
No cruise control
Did not have brembo brakes
Did not have an sti engine
Body used to be blue but was painted a hell dodgy black

Stay away from these guys in wangara haha[/QUOTE]

I was seriously looking at that car, but saw it looked dodgy, I emailed the dealer and got a reply, but as soon as I asked if it is a 6speed and if it had Brembo brakes, he didn't reply :/ suss.....

also noticed the "rare STI rims"

should report them....

Simon 21-08-2011 09:43 AM

I'm pretty sure I know where that dealership is just looking at the photos. Maybe a name and shame is in order. Definently should be reported !

MY99GT 21-08-2011 09:44 AM

you can see the dealer name at the very bottom left of the carsales page..

Kingmaster Autos, Western Australia, 14a Buckingham Drive, Wangara, 6065

© carsales.com Limited 1999-2011. “Say you saw it on carsales.com.au”

DAN682 21-08-2011 09:45 AM

[QUOTE=grumpyrex;599167]Going by the add I'm guessing this yard is some sort of sales facillitator ([COLOR="Red"]We are located 20 minutes NORTH of PERTH and we are HASSLE FREE as we have NO SALESMEN! You deal with the owners direct[/COLOR]). This, I presume would then put the onus of disclosure for information about prior history, speedo reading etc, onto the owner of the vehicle rather than the car yard.
As others have said, if you looking at buying a vehicle do your research, ask questions, and get it checked by a reputable workshop [B][U]before[/U][/B] making any offer or placing a deposit.[/QUOTE]

From memory I think they are running under a Car Market License (may have that name wrong, somebody in the industry will know the exact name of the license)

Brett Allan 21-08-2011 09:52 AM

[QUOTE=MY99GT;599177]you can see the dealer name at the very bottom left of the carsales page..

Kingmaster Autos, Western Australia, 14a Buckingham Drive, Wangara, 6065

© carsales.com Limited 1999-2011. “Say you saw it on carsales.com.au”[/QUOTE]

From memory, that place got burnt down by a "freak accident"

dodgy insurance FTW!!

MY99GT 21-08-2011 10:07 AM

That was "Happy Motors" i believe? might be the same place tho... i work 30 seconds up the road from them.. but never ever been in the yard.

red dragon2002 21-08-2011 10:29 AM

[QUOTE=Brett Allan;599172]I was seriously looking at that car, but saw it looked dodgy, I emailed the dealer and got a reply, but as soon as I asked if it is a 6speed and if it had Brembo brakes, he didn't reply :/ suss.....

also noticed the "rare STI rims"

should report them....[/QUOTE]

saw that also, when pictures saw no brembo i was like ???

name and shame fo sho i would say, i know dealers talk shit to try and sell their cars but this?

Brett Allan 21-08-2011 11:46 AM

Exactly, BIG give-away, besides no Brembos, he was asking 21K for a 02 STI with mods and 106,000Kms....and I also remember looking at the pics and seeing white powder on the front seats, when it was on carsales....lol.

@MY99GT, might have been happy motors, I remember reading an article in the paper a while back, so details are debatable:P And have Kingmaster Autos moved, because they used to be on that corner, where I got ripped off for my first car there :P