Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   A blank canvas; what would you have done differently? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/44643-blank-canvas%3B-what-would-you-have-done-differently.html)

Jezza 13-09-2011 10:32 AM

I'm pretty happy with my decisions.

Lots of fun, lots of learning, and when I think of what I spend, I just think of what other members are doing, and realise I dont spend much in comparison

Everyone spends their money on something, as long as it's something that makes you happy then go for it

XT43 13-09-2011 10:32 AM

Should have spent my money on Coke and hookers.

ALEX. 13-09-2011 10:36 AM

If I could do it over again, I'd not have got my rex the first day I was off my Ps.
I'd have waited and saved.
4 years later (around now) I'd buy Brendon's well-prepped, stripped, caged GC8 and start to learn it slowly with its current near-stock power levels, but with the best handling characteristics I could get from it.
I'd also have slowly been accruing the parts I need to turn it into something like a Ken Block car: power, torque and a dozen sets of tires.
After a year of entering events and really getting to understand how the car behaves with 'lower' power, I would put in a bit more power one bit at a time (instead of dropping in 600+ HP ATW and trying to learn that).
Time attack would be my main interest.

Or I'd have spent it all on blow and hookers.
[COLOR="Silver"]edit: well someone beat me to it while I was typing didn't they.[/COLOR]

teejay 13-09-2011 10:51 AM

[QUOTE=easytiger;607098]wouldnt change anything
sure ive gone thru 7 sets of wheels, 4 i/c setups, 5 suspension configurations, 3 gearboxes, 2 engines and its sat unloved in the carport for months on end but i've learnt heaps and had a lot of fun along the way
its all worth it when it still puts a smile of your face evry time you jump in[/QUOTE]

Is it running?!?!?

[QUOTE=RUSSGT;607108]Really? Not upset you didnt buy an sti in the first place instead of spending way more turning your wrx into an sti?[/QUOTE]

No scope for essay writing that way :P

Surely theres a couple of things you would have changed Joe - injector choice without a doubt.

munya 13-09-2011 11:51 AM

should not have walked away from the 6.5 evo when i wanted one well model 6.5 will have to do for now

mitchwnz 13-09-2011 01:42 PM

Would've probably got an 03-04 model instead of the 08 Betty first, then moved up from there. Although the trade/resale value would've been pretty average.

BALISTC 13-09-2011 02:32 PM

[QUOTE=RUSSGT;607108]Really? Not upset you didnt buy an sti in the first place instead of spending way more turning your wrx into an sti?[/QUOTE]

It's not an STi and I've never built it as one.

Plus, how much do you think I've actually spent on it? I'm not a cheque book racer nor Tino :D

[QUOTE=teejay;607126]Surely theres a couple of things you would have changed Joe - injector choice without a doubt.[/QUOTE]

Yeah a few things I MIGHT do slightly differently, but overall, no.

I don't ponder on the past.. especially not when it comes to cars, because it is what it is, its an object not a life changing event.

RUSSGT 13-09-2011 02:44 PM

[QUOTE=BALISTC;607221][B]It's not an STi and I've never built it as one.[/B]

Plus, how much do you think I've actually spent on it? I'm not a cheque book racer nor Tino :D

Yeah a few things I MIGHT do slightly differently, but overall, no.

I don't ponder on the past.. especially not when it comes to cars, because it is what it is, its an object not a life changing event.[/QUOTE]

Sorry the sti headlights, gearbox, block, diff etc made me think it was.

I would think you have spent $25k+?

SupaFly 13-09-2011 03:11 PM

I wouldn't have bought the current wrx i've got.. sooo many problems. Would have liked to save a bit more and get a STi bug or i would have bought an s15 or tt 2jz manual supra.

bugeyerex02 13-09-2011 03:16 PM

I should have got a wagon in the first place instead of a sedan