Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2006, 01:08 PM
Sir AntiLag

AC Schnitzer at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_psi
haha i dunno i never ran more then 15psi in me car but i heave "heard" from a couple tuning shops that it aint "safe" meaning there is a possibility of destroying the engine whereas the ecu makes it alot more safe however i will be runnin 19.5 psi when i get me turbo and tune... thanks
Sorry for the misunderstanding... I'm running on Ecutek 3 which is tuned for the following mods,

VF22 (1.3bar/19psi)
Apexi pod
Bosch Fuel pump 455
Sti 550cc
3"TBE
Old 06-04-2006, 06:12 PM
Subaru Tech Division

saturation at standard level

hows is the ecutek 3 ac ? cos im considering that myself even i dont have enuff to go as far as the autronics..

I ping away most days if im giving it stick.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:23 PM
Subaru Tech Division

207 de at standard level

to do with FMIC, rather than starting a new thread, I'm thinking of getting one,

APS, BLITZ or PWR...all are similar priced (low 2K) all are tube and fin...

do you honestly think there would be much difference between them??
Old 06-04-2006, 07:28 PM
Sir AntiLag

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturation
hows is the ecutek 3 ac ? cos im considering that myself even i dont have enuff to go as far as the autronics..

I ping away most days if im giving it stick.
I was down that road just like you. I had a choice of spending on either an Autronic or getting Ecutek with VF22 sti injectors and fuel pumps etc.

The Ecutek 3 works wonders. With those mods I listed Lane managed to squeeze 179.5kw. I have the dyno charts with me which I can scan them and email you if you want.

After the tune the car pulls all the way to redline unlike when its stock when the rpm needle just stops climbing just as quick around 5000rpm. Fuel consumption improved. I'm getting about 400km on urban or city and 500km on long distance.

I would say Lane did a pretty good job, the acceleration is pretty smooth. Overall its worth it for me considering I'm not going for high bhp application.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:31 PM
Sir AntiLag

Quote:
Originally Posted by atz 242
to do with FMIC, rather than starting a new thread, I'm thinking of getting one,

If your looking for Greddy or Blitz let me know. I'll pm you approximate price and waiting period you'll be expecting.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:37 AM
Subaru Tech Division

saturation at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Schnitzer
I was down that road just like you. I had a choice of spending on either an Autronic or getting Ecutek with VF22 sti injectors and fuel pumps etc.

The Ecutek 3 works wonders. With those mods I listed Lane managed to squeeze 179.5kw. I have the dyno charts with me which I can scan them and email you if you want.

After the tune the car pulls all the way to redline unlike when its stock when the rpm needle just stops climbing just as quick around 5000rpm. Fuel consumption improved. I'm getting about 400km on urban or city and 500km on long distance.

I would say Lane did a pretty good job, the acceleration is pretty smooth. Overall its worth it for me considering I'm not going for high bhp application.
yea thats good, im after a bit more drivability, im making 176kw atw already without the ecutek though when it was last dynoed. I will have to go for a "safe" tune, as i dont want the gearbox to go bang. How much would an ecu add kw or hp wise any ideas ?
Old 07-04-2006, 07:41 AM
Bent

Clint at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by atz 242

Try to get some custom piping Pete as generally mass produced FMIC kits have stupidly long piping.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:50 PM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_psi
haha i dunno i never ran more then 15psi in me car but i heave "heard" from a couple tuning shops that it aint "safe" meaning there is a possibility of destroying the engine whereas the ecu makes it alot more safe however i will be runnin 19.5 psi when i get me turbo and tune... thanks
15psi is so close to stock i wouldnt even consider it being 'modified'
19/20psi is about -average- for a modded wrx.
running more isnt a problem its the workshop who does it that might cause the engine to blow up.

Long live the WRC
Old 07-04-2006, 06:56 PM
Sir AntiLag

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturation
yea thats good, im after a bit more drivability, im making 176kw atw already without the ecutek though when it was last dynoed. I will have to go for a "safe" tune, as i dont want the gearbox to go bang. How much would an ecu add kw or hp wise any ideas ?
hmmm I don't have the dyno charts for before and after tune. Lane have copies of all the dyno charts for various cars where they'll show you what a stock rex puts out followed by after tune. From there you can see how much gains there is.

Tags
fmic, retune