Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   2011 STI locking (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/48142-2011-sti-locking.html)

wrxr2d2 26-03-2012 09:22 PM

There is a keypad inside of the fuse flap cover which is on the right hand side of the steering wheel towards the bonnet lever. My STi-R come with the keypad and all these options.
You can even get it to work like the Brant system and have the keypad to be entered before start up.

Yes these are all there and either can be turned on by the dealer or the keypad. I read the manual and have asked the dealer to try some of these.

Dawn Patrol 26-03-2012 09:35 PM

A little off topic, but...

Just out of curiosity, with the doors that lock automatically once a certain speed is reached, if you're in an accident, do they unlock themselves automatically?

Always wondered...

NVRENUF 26-03-2012 10:02 PM

Hopefully lol...

I found keypad ..will out the programming later

Thanks

johnvk7 26-03-2012 10:10 PM

[QUOTE=mattmy99;664523]John, can you confirm that the below is "definitely not an option"?[/QUOTE]

I've now read the manual too. I stand corrected. Nobody is perfect.
I wasn't trying to be misleading or a know-all.
It's not a feature of a Subaru without the Sigma system fitted.
Its a good day when you learn something.

NVRENUF 27-03-2012 12:35 AM

Howdo you know if you have the sigma system fitted? And is that referring to a upgrade part of the security ?

wrxr2d2 27-03-2012 08:14 AM

[QUOTE=NVRENUF;664596]Howdo you know if you have the sigma system fitted? And is that referring to a upgrade part of the security ?[/QUOTE]

If you have the STi-R you have the sigma fitted it wasnt an additional thing I paid for when purchasing the car. Plus if you found the keypad you have the system. (I think)

NVRENUF 27-03-2012 08:20 AM

Thanks or your help will see how I go :/

johnvk7 27-03-2012 08:46 AM

[QUOTE=wrxr2d2;664611]If you have the STi-R you have the sigma fitted it wasnt an additional thing I paid for when purchasing the car. Plus if you found the keypad you have the system. (I think)[/QUOTE]

The Sigma system is fitted to all WRX/STi from 08 onwards. Its the keypad system, so replaces the Brant. Keypad is on the fusebox cover, but not activated unless requested.
At Wangara we will activate for you free of charge. Even without the keypad turned on, the other functions (ultrasonics, bonnet switch, siren) are all still active.
Its a much better system then the Brant in terms of quality, if a little more complicated to use.
Since it came out, so almost four years, I've only had to replace one siren, and one keypad.
I've lost count long ago of how many Brant keypad modules I've replaced in that time

Deviouskim 27-03-2012 12:54 PM

Yeah I have an 09 wrx and when you turn car on it locks the doors and when you turn car off it unlocks. Can just manually unlock the doors if car is still running but.

John I will be coming in to see you so I can get the alarm sorted (turned on, auto door locking turned off and a few more questions too)

TROLLEY 27-03-2012 02:41 PM

I'll also make a time to pop in over the school holidays to get my keypad/code enabled :)