Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   2011 STI locking (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/48142-2011-sti-locking.html)

NVRENUF 24-03-2012 02:24 PM

2011 STI locking

Does any one know if the 2011 STI has auto matic door locking feature ?

I would have thought it should but i cant seem to find anything about it ?

tim

johnvk7 24-03-2012 02:30 PM

If you mean it locks when you start the engine or start moving, like a Euro. Then no, no SUbaru has that feature

ImPreSiV 24-03-2012 02:48 PM

the only 'auto lock' feature is if you unlock the car and then don't open a door within 2 mins, it will lock again

NVRENUF 24-03-2012 02:57 PM

ah ok pretty poor ...

least I can stop looking for it now.

wrxr2d2 24-03-2012 03:43 PM

I was reading the alarm book for my 11 and I thought I did find different auto locking systems, but need to be turned on by the dealership. Try reading the alarm book. I will have a look again on Monday and let you know.

johnvk7 24-03-2012 08:14 PM

definitely not an option, the alarm doesn't lock or unlock the car. The alarm is armed and disarmed by the car remote keyless entry

wrxr2d2 26-03-2012 08:42 PM

Ok. I have read the S32 security system operating manual. There is auto arm with door locking. This will Arm and lock the doors after 60 seconds post the engine being switched off and the last door is closed. Only turned on by your Subaru dealer.
There is also safety lock which locks the doors on start up of ignition and open the doors when the engine is shut off. To get this feature to work you need to switch ignition to on, press any button n the keypad to wake it up. Then press 7 on the keypad, then switch off the ignition within 5 seconds of pressing the keypad. To turn it off repeat the steps that turn it on.
I hope this is what you are after.
Check your security operation manual.

NVRENUF 26-03-2012 08:59 PM

I was hoping it had the same feature that both my Audi and golf have where as soon as you drive over 10km/h the doors lock.

mattmy99 26-03-2012 09:11 PM

John, can you confirm that the below is "definitely not an option"?

[QUOTE=wrxr2d2;664511]Ok. I have read the S32 security system operating manual. There is auto arm with door locking. This will Arm and lock the doors after 60 seconds post the engine being switched off and the last door is closed. Only turned on by your Subaru dealer.
There is also safety lock which locks the doors on start up of ignition and open the doors when the engine is shut off. To get this feature to work you need to switch ignition to on, press any button n the keypad to wake it up. Then press 7 on the keypad, then switch off the ignition within 5 seconds of pressing the keypad. To turn it off repeat the steps that turn it on.
I hope this is what you are after.
Check your security operation manual.[/QUOTE]

NVRENUF 26-03-2012 09:15 PM

What keypad? There is no keypad
It's a 2011 sti spec r or type r what ever it is