Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   City Subaru - Perth WRX Discounts for members (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/48963-city-subaru-perth-wrx-discounts-members.html)

MY00GC8 06-07-2012 09:41 AM

[QUOTE=b32;692075]Had a part replaced on my WRX (swaybar link), they said this discount was for "servicing only".

Then charged me an extra $20 (on top of what was quoted on the phone) for waste disposal and some other office admin bullsht. Yes its only $20, but its the principal.

This is why I avoid dealers.[/QUOTE]

Who was your service advisor?

GTB Liberty 06-07-2012 09:45 AM

[QUOTE=b32;692083]Yeah fair enough, I didn't. The car was in for a warranty job only originally, then they called me up saying they found another issue I need to pay for (which was fair enough). So I said go ahead.

Went to pay and the servicing guy knew about the deal and said it was for services only. I didn't have access to this thread at the time so couldn't find Chris' name or the particulars of the deal. Maybe the service guys aren't clear on the deal?

Anyway it wasn't big dollars so I'm not too worried, just confirmed why I generally avoid dealers :)[/QUOTE]

As stated earlier, I believe that Chris Tidy is acting as the go-between to ensure that issues such as this don't occur.

REXXXED 06-07-2012 09:57 AM

$20 to dispose a sway bar link? am i reading this wrong?
I woulda said no worries champ, I'll take the broken link of your hands and keep my $20.....

Kato 06-07-2012 10:16 AM

Tbh, why does one person at a dealership have to be the 'go to' guy to smooth these things out or make them not happen.

Surely a dealership should have customer service and satisfaction as their number one priority in all departments?

ImPreSiV 06-07-2012 10:38 AM

[QUOTE=REXXXED;692093]$20 to dispose a sway bar link? am i reading this wrong?
I woulda said no worries champ, I'll take the broken link of your hands and keep my $20.....[/QUOTE]

gotta recoup that discount somehow - never get something for nothing!

98kellrs 06-07-2012 10:43 AM

I spoke to Chris first, then went through Rhys the parts manager and got a great deal off some parts I ordered. Can't expect them to bend over backwards, after all this club has several thousand members, many of whom are parasitic and just here for the offers/ability to sell their car.

Not that you ate one of them Mr B32, but the thread did specify what needed to be done.

REXXXED 06-07-2012 10:48 AM

[QUOTE=ImPreSiV;692116]gotta recoup that discount somehow - never get something for nothing![/QUOTE]
Doesn't stop it from being ridiculous.... I understand when they charge it to dispose of oil/brake fluid/coolant safely etc. But a sway bar link? Nigga please!

TROLLEY 06-07-2012 11:42 AM

b32 - they replaced an end-link even though you have changed the swaybars to aftermarket items? That's fairly generous of them in my opinion. I would have thought that would be perfect grounds for them to deny a waranty claim on them.

TROLLEY 06-07-2012 12:34 PM

Sorry! I stopped reading at "Had a part replaced on my WRX (swaybar link)" and posted. Was going to say, if they replaced it under warranty I'm taking my car down there. As you were...

TROLLEY 13-07-2012 05:05 PM

Just to let you guys know, Rhys in spare parts is aware of the perth-wrx discount. Just went in to get a quote on a new bumper and purchase a new sun visor. Mentioned the discount offer and was all good.

Friendly guy and most helpful :)