Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   One for the Perth-wrx oldies (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/5310-one-perth-wrx-oldies.html)

Clint 23-05-2006 10:42 AM

One for the Perth-wrx oldies

I was looking through my old pics and found a beauty. It's from the Hot 4's Perth-Wrx photo shoot back in 2003. The big highlight of the day was....

[IMG]http://members.westnet.com.au/ccollard/yokel.jpg[/IMG]

Who else remember the 'incident'?

Darren 23-05-2006 10:52 AM

That was so funny!!

I still remember what I said at the end of that - "I went to a fight and a photo shoot broke out!!!"

Darren

waxdass 23-05-2006 10:57 AM

oh yeh those Hill-billies

Remember Rob Clesi [WRX WRC] was gonna knock them da fuk out!

Clint 23-05-2006 10:57 AM

What a day. Yeah I heard you say that Darren.

Clint 23-05-2006 10:57 AM

[QUOTE=waxdass]oh yeh those Hill-billies

Remember Rob Clesi [WRX WRC] was gonna knock them da fuk out![/QUOTE]

HAHA yeah Rob was going crazy. The Yokel shat himself.

MattyP 23-05-2006 11:00 AM

I would write a caption, but I think I'll hold back on this.
So what was the deal with the dudes in the Landcruiser?

*actually change my mind*
Caption: "Hey, you'll be driving a Landcruiser too if you had a bitch like mine"

scoobysix 23-05-2006 11:01 AM

I remember getting our asses grilled on the hot tarmac waiting for Rick to get into position atop the forklift.

DAN682 23-05-2006 11:04 AM

so for the not so old members, do you mind filling us in?

scoobysix 23-05-2006 11:20 AM

[QUOTE=Clint]I was looking through my old pics and found a beauty. It's from the Hot 4's Perth-Wrx photo shoot back in 2003. The big highlight of the day was....

Who else remember the 'incident'?[/QUOTE]

The yokels were zipping up and down the carpark in anger, I remember hearing quite a few members saying "if they hit any one of our cars, I'm gonna kill them".

BOMB3R 23-05-2006 11:51 AM

[QUOTE=MattyP]I would write a caption, but I think I'll hold back on this.
So what was the deal with the dudes in the Landcruiser?

*actually change my mind*
Caption: "Hey, you'll be driving a Landcruiser too if you had a bitch like mine"[/QUOTE]
Is that a chick/ferral beast???? Looks like a bloke with some serious manboobs!

LegacyGT 23-05-2006 11:56 AM

i almost put that as my avatar yesterday!

omg no it was not 3 years ago!!!

Clint 23-05-2006 11:57 AM

I am sure somebody can tell the story with more colour then I can.

Neen 23-05-2006 12:24 PM

[QUOTE=MattyP] "Hey, you'll be driving a Landcruiser too if you had a bitch like mine"[/QUOTE]

rofl!!! :D

mr_psi 23-05-2006 12:38 PM

well.. can we know the story???

seems as though they were running around the carpark wid there car and hit a car or something of a p-wrx owner?

someone care to tell

207 de 23-05-2006 01:07 PM

p-diddy were doing a photo-shoot for Hot4's in this industrial complex, we had planned it and all, but this yokel had a shed up the back where he was running dodgy intraweb stuff from or whatever and needed to get past (all our cars are in formation etc etc)

So his approach is to charge up to our cars, pull up at the last minute and lean on the horn/shout/ ride the clutch threatening to hit someones rex!!!

Needless to say a fuckin riot nearly broke out as this dude did not know when to stop...funny but, like not funny..

Clint 23-05-2006 01:12 PM

Ok this is how I remember it going. Probably missed some details.

We where doing a 'club' photo shoot for Hot4's. [GUMP] had organised a location in an industrial complex to take the photos. We had written permission from the owner to use the location.

After being there for a couple of hours Cletus rocks up in his Toyota with trailer in tow, drives straight into the middle of all the cars with the horn blasting away. At least a minute goes by with everybody yelling abuse at him to shut the hell up and just drive around as there was ample room. Yokel gets on his PA system and starts screaming ‘Move you cars this is private property’. JME walk up to the driver’s window and tells the guy to pipe down and drive through.

By this stage said yokel was red in the face and yelling back some inane babble. Rob (Prototype) jumps in his car and moves it forward about 50cm, JME tells yokel in no uncertain terms to fuck off, yokel races through the gap getting a kick in the side of his Toyota for his troubles by a certain blue bug eye owner along the way. Bear in mind that there are 30+ people standing around his bucket yelling abuse at him the whole time with another 30+ spread around the area. Yokel gets to his little unit hops out with wife in tow and flips everybody off. Out come the ‘That’s a huge bitch’ comments. Generally the atmosphere is not too aggressive from the Perth-Wrx crew.

Around 15-20minutes pass and Cletus gets back in the Toyota with Mary-sue and takes off very fast through a small gap past a line of 10+ WRX’s. He slows down a little after making the gap only to then realises he has Ramon [WRXRW] chasing after him. Yokel leaves the complex at a great rate of knots and proceeds to run a red light. Ramon comes back and the show goes on.

A few hours later we finally get all cars in place and Rick McDowell is playing on top of a forklift trying to get a good angle. We hear the horn before we see the 4wd. Cletus is back and he is PISSED. More yelling from both sides we move a couple of cars and he tears through. GUMP and his college wonder over to have a chat to him. It takes about 10 seconds before the fits are clenched and shoving begins. JME is now over there and things start to get a little more heated. Rob [WRX WRC] yells ‘Fuck off you yokel or I’ll knock you last two teeth out’, A scuffle breaks out and Rob and his friend both race over very intent to knock the living daylights out of this character. Cletus now knowing his odds are against him jumps on the trailer and does his best to keep out of arms length of Rob and his mate. JME and Dan (Giddyup) restrain them and after more verbal abuse at the yokel’s he locks himself and Mary-sue in their little storage unit. I still remember Pete (ATZ) Walking around saying 'Everybody just needs to chill out and smoke some cones!'

We go back to getting a group photo taken burning our asses off on the hot ground for a good 30 minutes till the nutters finally leave while beeping their horn and giving us all the bird.

Was a great day!

trainwrex 23-05-2006 01:29 PM

[QUOTE=scoobysix]I remember getting our asses grilled on the hot tarmac waiting for Rick to get into position atop the forklift.[/QUOTE]

Yes was a hot hot day....

Very good memory u have clint... the details are mind boggling...

[BANNED] 23-05-2006 02:09 PM

[QUOTE=Clint]I still remember Pete (ATZ) Walking around saying 'Everybody just needs to chill out and smoke some cones!'
[/QUOTE]

Haha nice! I never knew Pete was "on the level" ;)

:icon_weed

Giddyup 23-05-2006 02:24 PM

are the good ol days

mr_psi 23-05-2006 02:26 PM

damn! why did u not want rob to knock him da f**k out!????

Andy 23-05-2006 03:59 PM

[QUOTE='[BANNED]']Haha nice! I never knew Pete was "on the level" ;)

:icon_weed[/QUOTE]

hahahaha, when is pete -not- on the level dan? :cool:

scoobysix 23-05-2006 04:20 PM

[QUOTE=mr_psi]damn! why did u not want rob to knock him da f**k out!????[/QUOTE]

That would put Dan (Giddyup) in a tough spot wouldn't it? :D

DAN682 23-05-2006 04:27 PM

haha sounds classic,

Brandeen looked like a stunner :p

scoobysix 23-05-2006 04:29 PM

On this topic, does anyone still have a copy of that issue of Hot4s? I'll buy it from you, PM me if you're interested in selling.

BALISTC 23-05-2006 04:46 PM

I got that issue of Hot 4s.....few of us got mini features in it :)

What a CLASSIC day that was!! Definitely one of the funnest things I've ever seen.

I remember Jme and myself trying to hold Rob back right before Giddy grabbed him, and kept him away from the yokel...

scoobysix 23-05-2006 04:47 PM

[QUOTE=BALISTC]I got that issue of Hot 4s.....few of us got mini features in it :)
[/QUOTE]

Yes yes... why do you think I want it? :P

207 de 23-05-2006 05:32 PM

[QUOTE=Andy]hahahaha, when is pete -not- on the level dan? :cool:[/QUOTE]

what level? I don't understand...maybe I need a VIP invite to Club Caledonian to do some level checking... :rolleyes:

phat times...

LegacyGT 23-05-2006 07:16 PM

i remember we had to hold back the choccos coz they were in rage mode.

waxdass 23-05-2006 08:16 PM

haha remember when the hill-billy motioned to punch jme - jme flinched back for a second - then all hell broke loose!
haha ye Clesi was going psycho until Dan grabbed him from behind lol

Mat 23-05-2006 09:30 PM

Mike, i have the mag if you want it :)

scoobysix 23-05-2006 10:17 PM

Thanks Mat :P but already found one!

maddog 27-05-2006 07:56 AM

I made it to the start of the show...The Hillbilly and his half sister/fiance lived in the factory unit. The Toyota Blizzard/rebadged Diahatsu was recently traded in for a Troop Carrier (ex mining co.) and they have moved back to Tasmania. Apparently they were concerned for their health after being threatened by some car club :D onya Rob

207 de 16-08-2011 10:35 AM

back in the day...

check first post.. :-)

Fark man, so lucky that didnt blow up big time that day.

BOMB3R 16-08-2011 10:38 AM

[QUOTE=207 de;597531]back in the day...

check first post.. :-)

Fark man, so lucky that didnt blow up big time that day.[/QUOTE]
You get diagnosed with a terminal illness Pete?

or is it just Nostalgia day 2011 :)

207 de 16-08-2011 10:40 AM

Just some funny shite use to end up happening from time to time..:-)

You know it Jaron, Rep points for you for doing the p-wrx polo's back in the day when you blew the (first?) EJ25T and proceeded to step it strait up to cosworth town!

BOMB3R 16-08-2011 10:52 AM

[QUOTE=207 de;597533]Just some funny shite use to end up happening from time to time..:-)

You know it Jaron, Rep points for you for doing the p-wrx polo's back in the day when you blew the (first?) EJ25T and proceeded to step it strait up to cosworth town![/QUOTE]
Feeling the love mate haha <3

Repped for a join date of July 2001!!!! How'd you manage that haha

Strubaru 16-08-2011 11:03 AM

oh the lols, wished i was there :D

this should be moved to top shelf thread section fo shizzle :cool:

Bigboosst 16-08-2011 11:07 AM

Haha! Cool story bro. But seriously, sounded like good wholesome p-diddy family fun. haha

teejay 16-08-2011 11:09 AM

These days everyone would just bitch about it on a forum.

GTB Liberty 16-08-2011 11:29 AM

Well hot dang . . . that the closest to genuine imported from the good ol' southern USA white trailer trash hill billy inbred hick I've ever seen in AUS :)