Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-03-2013, 01:53 AM
Sir AntiLag

crawl3r at standard level
Default Modification Application Permit

Last edited by crawl3r; 05-09-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Old 18-03-2013, 08:36 AM
STI Master

steve-lang knows their stuff

From what I've read before you can't get a permit for coilovers if the ride height is adjustable. Could be wrong
Old 18-03-2013, 08:59 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

MickG at standard level
Default Permit

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawl3r View Post
Hey guys

Has anyone here gone through the Modification Application for light (production) vehicles before with the department of transport.

I have just filled out the application now and am about to send it off...from my understanding the department of transport will go over the application and let me know what i can and can't get permits for.

I mostly want to get permits for the pod filter, coil overs and exhaust system...all of which do comply to ADR's as far as i know....
- pod filter is secured with brackets
- coilovers have brake line brackets attached
- ride height is above 100mm all the way around.
- exhaust system will be changed to legal db level.

obviously my wheels are not ADR compliant so i would go through the pits with stock wheels on.

im just wanting to hear from people that have gone through this process...please keep the comments useful in this thread as i understand the pro's and con's of modifying your car this way....i am simply wanting to get permits for as many modifications as i can just to make the boys in blue and the department of transport happier.

Obviously many of us run modifications without permits, myself included at the moment so i do understand the opinions that would be expressed about this matter. But i simply want to here from people that have gone through this process and if they could express the type of procedure they went through, any issues they ran into and simply advice on the best way to go about it

thanks in advance

dan

Going threw this drama now. To get my yellow licky Off... was told that
i need a permit for the above mods. The Permit is $25 . say and covers 10 mods as long as there legal.

So it'll give me something to rip outta the glove box as show the Police Officer................... In ya face........
Old 18-03-2013, 10:06 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

^^^ With that attitude it will count for nothing.
Old 18-03-2013, 12:03 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

levans at standard level

This^^ sometimes the difference between you getting a yellow or not comes down to your attitude...

If you're being a smart ass to them it won't matter if you have a crappy mod cert... they will ping you for something.

Last edited by levans; 18-03-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 18-03-2013, 12:15 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

The mod cert will be benificial should you recieve a sticky as you can just take it too the pits without having to convert back to stock. Even with the certificate a cop can still deem your car un-road worthy.
Old 18-03-2013, 02:46 PM
STI Master

riceman1991 at standard level

i done this before, for similar things on my car. Sent off the form, took over a month to get a letter back, stating what mods can / can't be done. It then had a list of engineers in perth which you need to take the car to, to make sure all the mods are safe and legal, once they have checked off everything you can be issued with a mod permit.

my only issue is that taking it to an engineer to get checked over is really expensive, and probably just cheaper and easier to put stock parts back on and take over pits if you get yellowed.

In saying that, I had a friend who got yellowed a while back, he took it over the pits expecting to fail and they issued him with a mod permit for his pod, exhaust and bucket seats and passed him. Not too sure how that works, because last time i asked at the pits, they said I needed to fill out the form, and get it engineered??
Old 18-03-2013, 03:06 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Kiiz at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceman1991 View Post
In saying that, I had a friend who got yellowed a while back, he took it over the pits expecting to fail and they issued him with a mod permit for his pod, exhaust and bucket seats and passed him. Not too sure how that works, because last time i asked at the pits, they said I needed to fill out the form, and get it engineered??
My mate did the same thing and got a mod permit on the spot for a pod filter and exhaust. I dont understand when we are suppose to send the mod application form off or when we can just get a mod permit written out by an inspector at the pits. guess they just make the rules up whenever they want...
Old 18-03-2013, 03:56 PM
STI Master

steve-lang knows their stuff

Its because those items are not safety items, they're noise/emissions related, unlike suspension etc
Old 18-03-2013, 04:38 PM
Sir AntiLag

crawl3r at standard level

TROLLEY likes this.

Last edited by crawl3r; 05-09-2013 at 06:25 PM.

Tags
application, modification, permit