Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Another dead 2 door. (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/54269-another-dead-2-door.html)

American Dave 23-04-2013 01:20 PM

[QUOTE=rexyy;749815]Hi everyone, the car was mine, and i was the driver. Ive been reading your messages and just so its clear, i wasnt speeding and believed i noticed the lights turn orange at the dianella intersection, when i was driving along morley drive. As the road was wet i remember losing control of the steering wheel when i broke, in hope of stopping for the red light, but obviously lost control doing so[/QUOTE]

I was outside in backyard when this happened and heard it all...you are very lucky...go buy lotto tickets asap

Bob 23-04-2013 02:12 PM

[QUOTE=Tiigga;749816]Fixed[/QUOTE]

Actually. I'm pretty sure it's broke now.

Avalanche 23-04-2013 02:15 PM

[QUOTE=Bob;749829]Actually. I'm pretty sure it's broke now.[/QUOTE]

^ This guy

scary 23-04-2013 04:12 PM

[QUOTE=rexyy;749815]Hi everyone, the car was mine, and i was the driver. Ive been reading your messages and just so its clear, i wasnt speeding and believed i noticed the lights turn orange at the dianella intersection, when i was driving along morley drive. As the road was wet i remember losing control of the steering wheel when i broke, in hope of stopping for the red light, but obviously lost control doing so[/QUOTE]

and a dog ran out in front of me Dad....honest

phizzle 23-04-2013 04:16 PM

At least you have been honest rexyy. Firstly, how is the passenger? Secondly, how have the Police been about it?

VUSSUTE 23-04-2013 04:24 PM

please forgive me if im wrong, but looking at the damage to that car, you hit that tree atleast at 80kph - 90kph to do that kind of damage. Give or take a few seconds of braking.. there was defiantly speed involved.

If not speed, ..... dangerous driving, you clearly were not driving to the conditions.

My ex partner hit a tree after loosing control on a country road at 70kph and it did not wrap the car around the tree. Also didnt someone on here hear the car gassing it just prior to the crash?

Jezza 23-04-2013 04:51 PM

[QUOTE=VUSSUTE;749844]please forgive me if im wrong, but looking at the damage to that car, you hit that tree atleast at 80kph - 90kph to do that kind of damage. Give or take a few seconds of braking.. there was defiantly speed involved.

If not speed, ..... dangerous driving, you clearly were not driving to the conditions.

My ex partner hit a tree after loosing control on a country road at 70kph and it did not wrap the car around the tree. Also didnt someone on here hear the car gassing it just prior to the crash?[/QUOTE]

Have you seen what a car striking something at 60-70kph at that angle will do? Entirely possible.

These cars are designed to crumple to absorb impact and preserve the occupants... Due to this, many people have had crashes and/or rolled their wrx to come out with only minor injuries.

I'm sure more could have been done to prevent the crash, but live and learn. And from the looks of the car, he was lucky to live!

Wells97 23-04-2013 05:05 PM

That has bannaned the car there is no way on earth that you hit that any less that 70

VUSSUTE 23-04-2013 05:09 PM

like i said, i apologize if im wrong, i just know that stretch of road, and it comes slightly down hill, just before a gentle right hand bend. A witness heard the car accelerating hard, failed to negotiate a right hand bend, wet roads, inexperience, .... the rest is history.

mitchwnz 23-04-2013 05:32 PM

As if you're going to admit to dangerous driving on a public forum!?