Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree78Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-06-2013, 06:47 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Lukes WRX at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by b32 View Post
Weak as piss dude haha
Haha yeh to be honest i thought to myself as well as all the hate, 2 pack paint will last hell of a lot longer than vinyl, and gives a shop finish rather than a sticker. Im not spraying the bonnet, just the scoop. I seen a silver WRX with a black scoop and looked better than my black bonnet with white scoop. Im just so fucking stubborn it takes a while for me to accept anything. I think i prefer gloss to matte as well. I don't care what people are gonna say, i realised i want a $47,000 car to stay looking like $47,000 lol
Old 21-06-2013, 07:13 AM
STI Master

huggy_b knows their stuff

Do yourself a favour and rather than ruin your standard scoop, get one of these:

http://jpcarbon.com/Carbon-Fiber-Hoo...-P2089122.aspx

At least you can replace the original come sale time.

The bonnet wrap was OK, just looked odd with the scoop standing out prouder than a honeymooners dick in the middle. If you were going that way, you had to do the roof/bonnet/boot/spoiler (IMO) or it just looks a little disjointed. Or just do the roof. Or roof/scoop/spoiler.

At the end of the day its your car and you can do as you wish though. The irony of a lot of people here is they frothed over 20" chromies on a WRX years ago, but now its dicks in the bum - tastes will change, that's life.
Old 21-06-2013, 07:22 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Lukes WRX at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggy_b View Post
Do yourself a favour and rather than ruin your standard scoop, get one of these:

http://jpcarbon.com/Carbon-Fiber-Hoo...-P2089122.aspx

At least you can replace the original come sale time.

The bonnet wrap was OK, just looked odd with the scoop standing out prouder than a honeymooners dick in the middle. If you were going that way, you had to do the roof/bonnet/boot/spoiler (IMO) or it just looks a little disjointed. Or just do the roof. Or roof/scoop/spoiler.

At the end of the day its your car and you can do as you wish though. The irony of a lot of people here is they frothed over 20" chromies on a WRX years ago, but now its dicks in the bum - tastes will change, that's life.
That looks quite good hey not that expensive either. Looks do change, and minds change as well haha.... if i have even the slightest doubt i don't feel comfortable until its 100% .... I don't want it looking cheap.... snap back to reality, keep the car looking fresh. I will do what i want, but majority wins, if i didn't want an opinion i would have never posted it up.... its good to see peoples feedback, just in a reasonable way. Thanks for the link by the way
Old 21-06-2013, 07:28 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

To be honest i reckon the black scoop on white bonnet will look equally as tacky. Don't know what it is but i have never found the "paint small things the opposite colour of the rest of the car" look appealing.

On second thoughts you should paint all your door handles gloss black while you are their to match your scoop

Tags
carbon fibre wrap, credit, customs, due, kill it with fire!!!, royal