Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree119Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethi3 View Post
I always thought John owned Wheels World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB Liberty View Post
So who owns Wheels World? Obviously not John or Dean?
Long story short.....My understanding is as follows having been a customer of Wheels world for very over 15 years. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong anywhere. John owned wheels world when it was in Subiaco a million years ago and Bob was his employee. John was the wa distributor for Whiteline (amongst others) and had cash flow problems. Bob ended up taking over but again my understanding was he was stretched pretty tight cash flow wise. Then totally out of the blue Bob died of a heart attack on the operating table in Bali.

Wheels World sat in limbo for some time with John and Dean trying to do what they could with extremely limited funds.

The business was then bought from Bob's wife by Rohan Green who owns several other businesses aswell. Rohan is not stupid to have gotten where he has so I would suggest that he has a contingency plan in place. Maybe he has misread the loyalty of WA customers but my guess is this was all rather deliberate. Why I have no idea and I have the utmost respect for John but lets wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
I honestly wish they didn't have a monopoly on certain race tyres, I know John is a nice guy but was not brain washed into thinking he is the only guy on the planet that can wheel align a car....
Further to what Franz said the reason that Yokohama only give out 1 distributorship in each state is because they are the nominated tyre for several race classes. i.e IPRA The deal is Wheels World can have the sole distributorship but they have to attend every meeting with tyres etc free of charge to both yokohama and the event organisers.

Brendon
Old 05-08-2013, 03:43 PM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

I can confirm John finished at WW this past Friday and he does not currently have any plans after being involved in WW for the last 20 years.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:26 PM
Subaru Tech Division

RJ999 at standard level

Very sad indeed... best wheel alignment and advice I've had for my car's handling.
Was there last week.
Hope to see both Johns somewhere else soon
Old 06-08-2013, 06:43 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Dan [GTI] knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dave View Post
I can confirm John finished at WW this past Friday and he does not currently have any plans after being involved in WW for the last 20 years.
Any shop who takes him will gain plenty of buisness if this thread is any indication.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:20 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

nauli knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by urabus View Post
Long story short.....My understanding is as follows having been a customer of Wheels world for very over 15 years. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong anywhere. John owned wheels world when it was in Subiaco a million years ago and Bob was his employee. John was the wa distributor for Whiteline (amongst others) and had cash flow problems. Bob ended up taking over but again my understanding was he was stretched pretty tight cash flow wise. Then totally out of the blue Bob died of a heart attack on the operating table in Bali.

Wheels World sat in limbo for some time with John and Dean trying to do what they could with extremely limited funds.

The business was then bought from Bob's wife by Rohan Green who owns several other businesses aswell. Rohan is not stupid to have gotten where he has so I would suggest that he has a contingency plan in place. Maybe he has misread the loyalty of WA customers but my guess is this was all rather deliberate. Why I have no idea and I have the utmost respect for John but lets wait and see.

Further to what Franz said the reason that Yokohama only give out 1 distributorship in each state is because they are the nominated tyre for several race classes. i.e IPRA The deal is Wheels World can have the sole distributorship but they have to attend every meeting with tyres etc free of charge to both yokohama and the event organisers.

Brendon
All pretty accurate Brendon...but currently WW is jointly owned by Rohan Green and Dave Blainey.

I won't comment on the exact goings on, save to say I really feel for John, having known him for many years, known the effort he (and of course Dean) put in to keep WW going in very testing times and also the huge setbacks he has had to endure along the way...a lesser man would have thrown in the towel, so I respect his strength of character...

Personally, I won't be using WW if John isn't there, but that's only my personal feeling and I in no way want to influence anyone else's decision on the matter.

Last edited by nauli; 06-08-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:37 AM
STI Master

Spektre knows their stuff

know of anywhere else where we can get A050's then?
#217 Street Cars WA
Full 04 STi drivetrain
08 JDM 207
Garrett 3076 xtr
Old 06-08-2013, 08:46 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Not in perth and i dont think eastern states will send here as they arent allowed. Did you read the thread?

http://kap.industries/
Old 06-08-2013, 09:07 AM
STI Master

Spektre knows their stuff

Yes. Yes I did. It was a legitamate question as it was written that they wont use wheels world if John isnt there. hence, where to get A050's?
#217 Street Cars WA
Full 04 STi drivetrain
08 JDM 207
Garrett 3076 xtr
Old 06-08-2013, 09:18 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

FranZ at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to FranZ Send a message via MSN to FranZ Send a message via Yahoo to FranZ

I dont think you'll have a choice Craig. Yokohama won't allow sales over the border as this was happening in the past and was not good for Yokohama; internal supplier to supplier for stock was possible, but not to an end user. I think Yokohama stopped sales from OS coming in too; tire rack rings a bell....

2009 Wheels World EVO vs WRX Champion
2010 Wheels World EVO vs WRX Champion
2010/2011 Speedaware Rallysprint Champion
2011/2012 McRae Motorsport Rallysprint Champion
Old 06-08-2013, 09:27 AM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

yep they put their foot down on aussies using tire rack usa to purchase cheap yokahama tyres over a year ago from memory

Tags
john, leaves, wheels, world