View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 08:20 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

nauli knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by urabus View Post
Long story short.....My understanding is as follows having been a customer of Wheels world for very over 15 years. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong anywhere. John owned wheels world when it was in Subiaco a million years ago and Bob was his employee. John was the wa distributor for Whiteline (amongst others) and had cash flow problems. Bob ended up taking over but again my understanding was he was stretched pretty tight cash flow wise. Then totally out of the blue Bob died of a heart attack on the operating table in Bali.

Wheels World sat in limbo for some time with John and Dean trying to do what they could with extremely limited funds.

The business was then bought from Bob's wife by Rohan Green who owns several other businesses aswell. Rohan is not stupid to have gotten where he has so I would suggest that he has a contingency plan in place. Maybe he has misread the loyalty of WA customers but my guess is this was all rather deliberate. Why I have no idea and I have the utmost respect for John but lets wait and see.

Further to what Franz said the reason that Yokohama only give out 1 distributorship in each state is because they are the nominated tyre for several race classes. i.e IPRA The deal is Wheels World can have the sole distributorship but they have to attend every meeting with tyres etc free of charge to both yokohama and the event organisers.

Brendon
All pretty accurate Brendon...but currently WW is jointly owned by Rohan Green and Dave Blainey.

I won't comment on the exact goings on, save to say I really feel for John, having known him for many years, known the effort he (and of course Dean) put in to keep WW going in very testing times and also the huge setbacks he has had to endure along the way...a lesser man would have thrown in the towel, so I respect his strength of character...

Personally, I won't be using WW if John isn't there, but that's only my personal feeling and I in no way want to influence anyone else's decision on the matter.

Last edited by nauli; 06-08-2013 at 08:22 AM.