Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Changing religions . . .WRX to EVO (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/57623-changing-religions-wrx-evo.html)

zskarz 28-02-2014 11:07 PM

comparing models I would stick with subaru until evo 7,8 and 9 then it becomes personal preference (turbo lag, ride comfort, performance are all factors). I would take an evo 10 over a 2010-2012 wrx Sti any day, sadly. The AWD system is a lot better in my opinion with that model. Although I like the look of the wide body Sti's more than the evo X :)

drewgong 01-03-2014 08:53 AM

tried an evo 9 (300whp) when i baught the subie. fell in love with it insantly.. the pull and sound on boost was awesome, but off boost it sounded like shit and felt like an excel. droney zorst was also yuk. firmer ride and more steering wheel feedback, way better 360 degree vision in the evo. felt race car straight out the box.. took the subie in the end for more usealble power/bottom end, sounded awesome, and it seemend like it would be easier to live with as a daily as nothing really annoyed me. was also less modified so suited me for a base better. if you just want to be the fastest the evo is the go, but 90 % of the time the rex will keep up. another factor for me was evo 87,000km whereas the sti was 33,000km's. still looking at win win mate

Yorkie 01-03-2014 09:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The interior is shocking inside the Evo's. it is just so cheap and hideous I don't think I could ever drive in one, plus no bonnet scoop to look over as you're driving...for me a big part of the driving experience is how special the car feels sitting inside it and the Evo doesn't feel or look special like the Subi does to me. And the Subi isn't exactly beautiful inside either, but you can atleast make it look decent...!

As for the handling and performance side the Evo almost makes up for it, but much more pricey and I just don't think it's as practical day to day as the Subi.

But I'm pretty bias and not a total expert.

Here's all you need to know though:

[ATTACH]12276[/ATTACH]

CDR RA 01-03-2014 10:32 AM

[QUOTE=Strubaru;789465]everything is alot lighter & flimsier in the evo's[/QUOTE]

You are kidding right ? Maybe on the evo III but try comparing similar era evo VI to a gc8 and there is no comparison. Much more robust suspension components, much more rigid chassis. Try jacking a gc8 from the front jacking point behind the front wheel and see how long it takes for the rear wheel to get off the ground after the front wheel...and then try opening and closing a door. Sooooo much flex. Evo is much more rigid....and then there is factory twin scroll, front mount, bullet proof engine.... Etc etc.

General thought seems to be for a nice daily a Subaru is a nicer place to be. For all out performance and bang for buck, you can't beat an evo. Have had both and would always choose evo if I wanted to go fast.

astralex 01-03-2014 01:41 PM

It says Lancer on the back, just like my sisters car... That's all I need to know.

DukeDrifter 01-03-2014 01:51 PM

I'm with Forde, straight 6 twin turbo awd goodness.

BLUES 01-03-2014 03:00 PM

If you like understeer, go with the WRX.

If you like getting beaten at the track, buy a WRX.

If you like spending bulk coin to go faster than a lightly modified EVO, buy a WRX.

DukeDrifter 01-03-2014 03:21 PM

If you can't drive you'll lose in both.

teejay 01-03-2014 03:58 PM

Fred and Blaise are both very competent peddlers.

teejay 01-03-2014 03:59 PM

A GD also has a shit interior - really, its not a selling point. Too cramped for anyone large too.