Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By phoenix
  • 2 Post By phoenix

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-08-2014, 06:02 PM
Sign me up!
STI Master

phoenix at standard level
Default KW coilovers - beware

I just want to give those people thinking of getting a set of KW coilovers at some point a heads up to what after sales service you could expect, or lack of, when needed.

Firstly you have to send them to Melbourne which is no big deal. They do “basic” repairs in Oz; mine apparently needed a seal replaced initially.

It is the Australian importer/ distributor that is the problem. I wont name him or his company but that is not hard to find out if you search for KW Aust. This guy has a problem telling the truth or keeping his word and is totally useless at communicating with you. You have to constantly chase him up for information on what is going on and mostly he doesn't answer your questions or e-mails and says you don't need to know everything that is happening with your struts when you push him for answers. After being told my repair was going to be done under warranty he sent me an invoice for $320. That was after waiting SEVEN weeks for it to be returned to me after he received it. I was told over a period of weeks that he was waiting for parts to be delivered from Germany and I was totally under the impression that it was being repaired in Australia, it turned out after having to push and push for answers again, that he actually sent it back to Germany to be repaired.

In all honesty I am glad that it was sent back to KW in the end, so that doesn’t bother me. At least then I like to think it was repaired properly. It was more about the way this guy has no customer service skills or concerns for you as a customer. Even the KW dealers here in Perth say he is a very difficult man to communicate with at times. You can go for several days without hearing from him unless you push for a reply.

Even KW Germany weren’t that bothered in the end. Early complaint communications with them seemed promising and I thought they were interested, but after a long e-mail to the International Sales Director detailing everything that happened I got a one line response. Very sad really for a company with their name and reputation.

Even though my strut needed repairs after only 13000Ks I have no problems with the product. It is a great strut for many reasons when working.

The way I see it is you can have the best product in the world but without decent after sales service and back up it isn’t worth shit is it.

In fairness the $320 was dropped in the end but it took a lot of effort, stress and e-mails to achieve this. He wasn't going to give this up easily.

For those of you that already have KW coilovers I hope you never get a problem and if so I hope you don't have the grief I had.
Jezza, Jeckle, DukeDrifter and 1 others like this.

Last edited by phoenix; 22-08-2014 at 10:37 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phoenix For This Useful Post:
Dan [GTI] (21-08-2014), DukeDrifter (22-08-2014)
Old 21-08-2014, 10:30 PM
Flat Four Father

mitchwnz knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to mitchwnz Send a message via Skype™ to mitchwnz

That sucks dude, fingers crossed I don't go through that... repairs, aint nobody got time for that!

using the Perth-WRX mobile app
Old 22-08-2014, 08:10 AM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

What a shame. From all reports they are a good product.

Brendon
Old 22-08-2014, 08:59 AM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

Bummer about the experience Carl, I must say that my old man had a similar experience with DMS when he was trying to sort out repairs with his, what should have been a simple part flown over turned in to a month long shit storm due to crap communication and general shit service.

'straya cunts.
Old 22-08-2014, 12:58 PM
Sign me up!
STI Master

phoenix at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT43 View Post
Bummer about the experience Carl, I must say that my old man had a similar experience with DMS when he was trying to sort out repairs with his, what should have been a simple part flown over turned in to a month long shit storm due to crap communication and general shit service.

'straya cunts.
I remember your Dad telling me about this. Why is it so hard to get decent customer service nowadays
GTB Liberty and Mick like this.
Old 22-08-2014, 06:49 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

danman at standard level

The support I received was significantly different. I had a front strut begin leaking after about the same amount of Kms I had a new strut supplied and fitted within a few weeks.

My biggest 'issue' is that they changed the design slightly so there are two different sized allen keys now required to adjust rebound.

Tags
beware, coilovers, kw