Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   EcuTek, thoughts and experiences? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/59912-ecutek-thoughts-experiences.html)

dnbosiris 18-11-2014 05:40 PM

[QUOTE=Joker;811789]Hi Guys,

I have just been down to Tim Slako's West racing and had a check engine light looked at. I have been told that the code is fine and there's nothing wrong with the car but the only way to have the check engine light removed is go and get an EcuTek tune.

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like someone's on commission

s20525xxx 18-11-2014 06:02 PM

Seriously just buy that elm obd reader, u will never need to call, wait for or drive to a workshop ever to clear a code.

Just disable the pump if there is no leak, replacing it being expensive is not because of the part is due to the labour.

All my advice is in consideration of u being a student. I understand how stressful it is to be a student in ur position. Just fix the issue for now and save up for a tune at EvoR later as he is by far the cheapest, no hate plz. A tune should not be expensive at all at the first place.

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

XT43 18-11-2014 06:23 PM

You dont need a tune for a TBE.

if you want to get the most out of the new exhaust then sure, but that will be a waste as you may as well wait for a bigger turbo yadyadyada.

ALLPAWS 18-11-2014 06:40 PM

[QUOTE=XT43;811815]You dont need a tune for a TBE.

if you want to get the most out of the new exhaust then sure, but that will be a waste as you may as well wait for a bigger turbo yadyadyada.[/QUOTE]

Plenty of good info around that suggests otherwise.

mitchwnz 18-11-2014 06:56 PM

Had one on my old 08... was fine.

Joker 18-11-2014 06:59 PM

Thanks for all the advice guys been extremely helpful. I'll get in contact with Evo R and have a chat with them and go from there. From the sounds of it i can sort this one out easily enough.

REXXXED 18-11-2014 10:13 PM

PM Jaron (BOMB3R) with regards to any questions you have in regards to Ecutek. He is the resident Ecutek guru and loves talking about and advising of how awesome it is.

XT43 18-11-2014 10:53 PM

[QUOTE=ALLPAWS;811816]Plenty of good info around that suggests otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Please tell me what happens if you don't get a tune.

nauli 19-11-2014 08:45 AM

[QUOTE=REXXXED;811833]PM Jaron (BOMB3R) with regards to any questions you have in regards to Ecutek. He is the resident Ecutek guru and loves talking about and advising of how awesome he is.[/QUOTE]

fixed...

nauli 19-11-2014 08:57 AM

Seriously mate, if you have an MY06 with a TBE, then you should get it tuned....you may well get away without one, but the one time you push it a little bit harder and it leans out you have the potential of internal damage to both your engine and wallet.

ECUTek is done by Maximum Motorsport and Race Torque Engineering. Verso is done by Allstar Garage. Both are good proven products from reputable workshops. As an aside MMS have successfully run ECUTek tuned cars in Targa West, Targa Tas, Bathurst 12 hr and Australasian Safari. ASG Verso tuned cars have also run in various tarmac rallies.

I can't comment on Evolution R because I've never had, nor plan to have, anything to do with them.