Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   New Car plans!!! (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/60107-new-car-plans.html)

Anna 12-12-2014 02:59 PM

New Car plans!!!

hey,

so my new 2013 STI arrived this week from over east (finally) and are looking to do some tweaks in the next couple of weeks.... need your thoughts and suggestions!!

so...first of all...a digital boost controller but heard these could be more harm than good......are they worth it in the end?

Planning to also upgrade the cold air intake and allow as much air flow possible.... (nahh dahhh)

My number one question is....the wing.....iv done some research and apparently they are good for the car....however every John Dick and Harry have one and thought it would look awesome taking it off....again...thoughts?

Thinking of booking it into a dyno tune next week and go from there.....

RJ999 12-12-2014 03:08 PM

Hello Anna and welcome.

Don't touch the air intake unless you are going bigger turbo, the Subaru air box is very very good and plenty airflow for even more powerful turbos than your stock one.
All you need is a Turbo Back Exhaust system(TBE), a 3port boost solenoid(Grimmspeed or Cobb etc) and a tune. It will be plenty fast and you'll be happy for a while.
Do not touch the wing unless you want to be called a John Dick and Harry, of course the wing serves its purpose for downforce.

thehowlfactor 12-12-2014 03:17 PM

[QUOTE=RJ999;813228]Don't touch the air intake unless [/QUOTE]

Unless you want that cool induction sound of course.

If you do plan on buying performance based parts it's probably a good idea to get them all at once as most of them may/will require a tune once installed. It will be cheaper in the long run rather than shelling out for additional tunes each time you want to add something.

Anna 12-12-2014 03:34 PM

so it has a TBE already......
il look into the 3 port boost solenoid right now.... :)

Soksta 12-12-2014 03:35 PM

[QUOTE=Anna;813227]My number one question is....the wing.....iv done some research and apparently they are good for the car....however every John Dick and Harry have one and thought it would look awesome taking it off....again...thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Having gone from wrx spoiler to no spoiler and then to sti spoiler, these cars looks a bit odd without the spoiler on the boot.
It doesn't look too bad if you lower the car substantially, but it still looks a bit odd.
I would say keep it on the car :D

I would get a better flowing filter for the stock air box, 3 port boost control solenoid, turbo back exhaust and a retune from one of the tuners as per this [URL="http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/6775-perth-workshops.html"]thread[/URL].
E85 should make the car more entertaining to drive, but this will require having E85 available near work or home.

RichX 12-12-2014 04:01 PM

Otherwise if you're keen on E85 and supply is few and far between, like in Perth for the most part, the Zeitronix E85 Flex Fuel Sensor would be the way to go .. which would require a reflash or new ECU i believe.

Bob 12-12-2014 04:05 PM

Just drive it and forget about the mods. Enjoy the new car. Well done on the purchase.

nick73 12-12-2014 04:07 PM

If it has a TBE already it is probably tuned also. See if you can get hold of original owner via log books or dealership for the history. It may save you some coin and time wasting.

Do not remove the wing.
Fuck digital boost controller and fuck cold air intakes, waste of money on a G3 STi.

Pics of your new ride??? Build thread???

Anna 12-12-2014 04:26 PM

thoughts on blow off valves??

Anna 12-12-2014 04:31 PM

3 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH]14056[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14057[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14058[/ATTACH]

im thinking also pink/black 20" rims :)