Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Subaru lagging behind? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/62222-subaru-lagging-behind.html)

Zombee 13-07-2015 08:49 PM

Subaru lagging behind?

G'day all,
I generally change my cars every 3 years, and I've had my current MY11 STI for more than 3 years now, so I'm getting itchy.
I've pretty much just gone and got the latest WRX/STI. This is my 5th Rex.
But this is the first time that I'm baulking at the latest STI. I don't think it's worth me upgrading to it.
For the first time I'm looking at what else is out there.
A mate of mine just bought a new Golf R and I'm not usually a fan of the Golf's, but fark me this thing was fantastic! It's as bland looking as all shit, but the drive was impressive!
Also, the new Focus RS is coming and the current supercharged HSV GTS looks impressive too (more $$ I know).
Then there's the AMG A45/CLA45, the incoming Audi RS3.. and so on
I really think Subaru have started to fall behind..
I do hope the next STI is great, because I really think it needs to be.
What do you guys think? Has Subaru dropped the ball?
And what do you guys think of the Golf R DSG?

Sammy82 13-07-2015 09:34 PM

Yeh I have to agree in some respects. The DSG gearbox was a bit of an issue from 2006-2010 but they've seem to have sorted things out now. I reckon if wanting an AWD car these days, for the price, you can't go past the upcoming focus RS. Otherwise I would be getting the new Audi S3.

RWD, can't go past a used C63...

wrx oh oh 13-07-2015 09:36 PM

Yes, but, once you allow for reliability, your opinion of VW v Subaru may change.

waggaclint 13-07-2015 10:54 PM

I think it's only a matter time before a updated STi is released with the newer 2.0l motor fitted, but if was in market I'd be waiting a bit longer for the Focus RS to arrive..

mARC 13-07-2015 11:06 PM

MY14 or wait for MY15 GTR Skyline and end this?

ratpack 14-07-2015 08:26 AM

Not many Focus RS's coming by the sounds of it. Spoke to a someone at Titan Ford, 2 coming, and both sold for $20k over list

nauli 14-07-2015 02:17 PM

[QUOTE=ratpack;826713]Not many Focus RS's coming by the sounds of it. Spoke to a someone at Titan Ford, 2 coming, and both sold for $20k over list[/QUOTE]

Untrue...none have yet been allocated and nor has a price...he's pulling your toggle...

nick73 14-07-2015 02:28 PM

Wait for the 2.0 STi or the Focus.

ALLPAWS 14-07-2015 02:45 PM

If budget allows I have the Audi S3 or RS3 in my sights as my next ride.
Yes it's basically a vw golf r underneath but I also find the looks underwhelming
Of the golf.

Zombee 14-07-2015 08:08 PM

[QUOTE=nauli;826737]Untrue...none have yet been allocated and nor has a price...he's pulling your toggle...[/QUOTE]

Would have to agree with Nauli on this. I can't get squat out of my Ford dealer and have also registered for updates on the new RS from Ford Aus with no new updates yet.

I'm seriously considering putting a blind deposit down on the RS...