Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree310Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-02-2016, 11:32 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Jordyyy32 at standard level

I think we should set up a meet every few months or so! And just see how that goes
Old 17-03-2016, 06:24 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Lonewolf at standard level

Typical, start to actually seriously look at buying a rex and apparently the clubs gone all quiet!

The community sort of spirit that i've seen from this club around the traps was always good.
Hopefully it gets back to where it should be
Dan [GTI] likes this.

Local motorsport pics and other photos: https://www.facebook.com/photosbyblakeparry
http://www.zenfolio.com/photosbyblakeparry
Old 17-03-2016, 07:30 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

I don't think it will. Facebook is killing it.

http://kap.industries/
Old 17-03-2016, 08:43 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Dan [GTI] knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSGT View Post
I don't think it will. Facebook is killing it.
I look at SOWA and it really pushes me back to here. The detailed technical sections and driveway threads we irreplaceable. It's a pity the good banter has become lesser but in fairness the SOWA banter isn't that great
dazdavies likes this.
Old 18-03-2016, 09:44 AM
Subaru Tech Division

We could reach out on SOWA members who want more technical substance and less circle-jerking.

I would be happy to write up a post and get some interest brewing because there are some amazingly clean and tastefully modified cars and plenty of guys who do attend track days (MC Motorsport, Octane Coalition and Barbs).

This might bring some mongs into P-WRX but we can weed them out from the authentic members in the usual P-DIDDY fashion.
Old 18-03-2016, 10:11 AM
STI Master

fatboy at standard level

Unfortunately forums are dying, it's a fact, and to make matters worse the Subaru wrx is no longer the coveted performance car it once was, ten years ago there was very little that was in It's league with bang for buck but unfortunately the newer models just haven't kept pace with the opposition

I really hate what I just wrote above but it is the unfortunate truth, now with the cars falling into a lower price bracket they are attracting people who in the past couldn't afford them and most of us won't associate with, no I am not being elitist, but the die hard guys are gone..... Such a shame

I have just gotten out of hospital and I am very high on oxycodone, so I might come back and straighten this post out later as I know it's a bit wonky!

As I said it's a shame, but those of us that could afford a wrx in the early days have more than likely moved on to bigger and better things, the loss of knowledge on this forum is unreplaceable
spec 04, RUSSGT, TROLLEY and 1 others like this.

Look up WA Trackdays on Facebook
Old 18-03-2016, 11:02 AM
Subaru Tech Division

The fact the car is cheaper also means that you can pick up a super clean example for pennies and modify and drive it with ease. I can't think of another japanese car that just bolt together with newer / different era parts.

If you buy a clean GC8 with an iffy engine and drvetrain you can get a EJ207 from a GDA and make a seriously quick and very cool car. If I didn't get the Forester I would like to think that is what would be in my garage now

I would also argue that despite the newer WRX STI not being as strout as it once was it definitely has become a popular once again. The new STI / WRX is the most common one I see on the road now and I see most have been aesthetically altered and have an exhaust. So there are new owners and cars to potentially tap into.

The forum is dying because there is only so much the current repeat offender members can keep propping it up. We need fresh blood (not necessarily young blood) to give the forum a second life. It may happen... either way the forum will continue to tick along slowly.

EDIT: invitation offered...

Quote:
Hey everyone that is an open letter to all SOWA members who want more technical substance and slightly less circle jerking there is salvation at PerthWRX.com "where gay singles meet" which offer slightly more intimate circle jerking.

SOWA and other Subaru based Facebook groups are undoubtedly a great tool for meets, events, decent banter and for general sharing. I will admit I like the page and have both shared and shunned content but facebook pages don't allow you to post the same quantity of information, doesn't organise it in a way that can be easily recalled and doesn't make it as easy to display.

I don't expect you to choose a side but honestly it has a wealth of technical threads (wheel fitment with pictures, turbo threads, performance table with mods, engine, boost and power figures) plus there are hundreds of "driveway" threads where people like myself, Darren, Jack, Jacob Ayres, Troy and Jacob Zurzolo (amongst many others) have build threads.

So the next time you ask what wheels, turbo or power you can make there is a thread with a huge amount of man hours and information poured into it that can answer 99% of what you ask. Plus there is a good base of knowledgeable members (some of whom are on this page) who can answer questions without the worry of mongs and sick heads chiming in.

TL;DR - Perth WRX is a good place to be, don't be a idiot or Craig will give you a hard time (**insert sex pest joke**).

Last edited by Dan [GTI]; 18-03-2016 at 11:54 AM.
Old 18-03-2016, 12:28 PM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

^ That should work...

If the SOWA crowd can read it
TROLLEY, REXXXED 2.0 and QRSTUVWRX like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to ALEX. For This Useful Post:
munya (18-03-2016)
Old 18-03-2016, 12:38 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Hopefully the ones who can and have decent cars decide to join. Even ones with shit cars who are looking to fix and restore them join. Heck if they own a Subaru and want to learn they should join!

The better and more diverse the member base is the easier and more frequently we can run event, meets and BBQ's
Old 18-03-2016, 01:01 PM
STI Master

fatboy at standard level

I hope this works Dan, I applause your effort and I don't want to seem pessimistic, but even Stacey doesn't come on here anymore ( well not very often)

The only way to drive this place forward is probably building it into a social/ events club, but that's what the wrxoc is for.... But you could do it differently with more skid pans, bbqs cruises and there really needs to be anothe collie weekend, but with so many now not being active ( and that includes me) it will be hard...

I think getting people back together needs to happen, maybe get in contact with Dougie and organise a Bbq one night a month in the STechnic driveway.... Could be good for pwrx and them
Dan [GTI], amtrapid and Selphee like this.

Look up WA Trackdays on Facebook

Tags
club, future, pwrx