Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By JRecardo
  • 2 Post By nauli

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-06-2017, 01:00 PM
Scoobie Noobie

AJ_Clark at standard level
Default New STI - Spoke to Dealer about adding CBE - Claims no Engine or Trans Warranty !

Hi all, I just joined the Subaru family with a (demo) 2017 WRX STI. I love the car and was able to get a good deal (since it's being replaced my the MY18) along with the 5 year warranty. After a week or two driving it, I decided I wanted a little more exhaust noise and I thought before I purchase a cat-back exhaust I'll drop my dealer a line and see what I'm in for regarding the warranty.

I expected to just lose the warranty on the exhaust, which is fine, I wouldn't expect them to replace that, but they stated that I would not only lose my warranty on the exhaust, but also on the engine and transmission as
Quote:
The cat back exhaust will increase boost and power and as a result we will no longer honor the warranty on those components.
This response came directly from the operations manager at the dealership.

I'm not going to risk a 5 year warranty for the sake of the exhaust, but I was a little surprised at the response, given that Subaru USA offer a cat back as an official add-on. It would be nice to have a little flexibility with the car.

Has anyone with MY15+ STI had to make an engine or transmission warranty claim with a simple modification like this? If so, was it honored? I've know I could obviously run the CBE and replace it if I had to visit the dealership for warranty repair, but I don;t have a heap of room in the garage to store an extra exhaust 'just in case'.

Cheers,

Andrew.

Tags
adding, cbe, claims, dealer, engine, spoke, sti, trans, warranty