Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2006, 07:29 PM
Gonadman2

Default I want to go racing...

Hi Guys,

I have been in Port Hedland WA for about 4 months now and am really missing the track action that I was enjoying over east. I used to race at Wakefield Park in NSW which had great facilities, and was a great street car track. For those that have been, what is Barbagallo Raceway like? I want to organise a trip to Perth next year, with quite a few of the boys up here that have modified Skylines and Rexs to participate in a track day. Does anyone on this forum regularly attend track days? (thats if they have them in Perth) What are the costs involved? Do you need any special licences, or anything in particular done to your vehicle? I'm assuming that its pretty similar to what we did over east but I want to cover all avenues seeing as we will be driving 1800ks for a fang.

Any help appreciated.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:20 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Firstly my condolences for living in the biggest fuckn shithole in Western Australia! You probably will want to get hold of Alex (getagrip) as he is the man for the track days at the AHG driving centre. I think if you want to do it seriously, you need the CAMS license and all that stuff.

Anyway a little off topic... where are you working in Shit Hedland? I still have quite a few mates up there working at Nelson Point.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:43 PM
Sir AntiLag

Jaded at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonadman2
Hi Guys,

I have been in Port Hedland WA for about 4 months now and am really missing the track action that I was enjoying over east. I used to race at Wakefield Park in NSW which had great facilities, and was a great street car track. For those that have been, what is Barbagallo Raceway like? I want to organise a trip to Perth next year, with quite a few of the boys up here that have modified Skylines and Rexs to participate in a track day. Does anyone on this forum regularly attend track days? (thats if they have them in Perth) What are the costs involved? Do you need any special licences, or anything in particular done to your vehicle? I'm assuming that its pretty similar to what we did over east but I want to cover all avenues seeing as we will be driving 1800ks for a fang.

Any help appreciated.
Check out the CAMS website for details of the licences you will require... depending on the type of event you do... most prolly will be a L2S... search this forum.. theres already a thread with plenty of info on that in it.

Check out the barbagallo details at the WASCC website (they run it) www.wascc.com.au for info on the track..

you guys will either need to form your own club and become CAMS affiliated.. or ... easier.. just all join a club and use that.. (need to be a member of a club to get a cams licence) .... all the clubs are listed on the CAMS website.. plenty of them have pro's and cons'... jsut depends what you are looking for...

Old 10-09-2006, 09:53 PM
Gonadman2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN682
Firstly my condolences for living in the biggest fuckn shithole in Western Australia! You probably will want to get hold of Alex (getagrip) as he is the man for the track days at the AHG driving centre. I think if you want to do it seriously, you need the CAMS license and all that stuff.

Anyway a little off topic... where are you working in Shit Hedland? I still have quite a few mates up there working at Nelson Point.
Yea its pretty bad up here, but its not the place, its the people that you hang around that make it good or bad. Well that's what I reckon anyway.

I'm working at BHPBilliton as an Electrical Design Draftee at Nelson Point and the money's good. I lived here for 11 year's and went to the East coast for a few year's and now I'm back to get some more money for my 'hobbies.'

That really sucks about the CAMS licence, they weren't required at Wakefield Park, all you needed was a WP licence (which you got by paying $40 and presenting your driver's licence). So they don't do any street car track days? I was really hoping they did. Oh well I'll have to get really serious then. Cheer's Guys
Old 10-09-2006, 10:01 PM
Sign me up!
Sir AntiLag

maniac at standard level
Send a message via MSN to maniac

Well, its not quite the same as getting the car on the track - but there's gokarts to keep you going perhaps...

http://www.kartingwa.com.au/kartclub_karratha.html

Karratha has a lil track which isnt too far from Hedland. Thinks its an hour or so from memory.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:50 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonadman2
Yea its pretty bad up here, but its not the place, its the people that you hang around that make it good or bad. Well that's what I reckon anyway.

I'm working at BHPBilliton as an Electrical Design Draftee at Nelson Point and the money's good. I lived here for 11 year's and went to the East coast for a few year's and now I'm back to get some more money for my 'hobbies.'

That really sucks about the CAMS licence, they weren't required at Wakefield Park, all you needed was a WP licence (which you got by paying $40 and presenting your driver's licence). So they don't do any street car track days? I was really hoping they did. Oh well I'll have to get really serious then. Cheer's Guys

a cams L2s lic requires just about as much, $85 and wave your drivers lic. but you need to be a member of a club to jin cams, so thats probalby another $40 on top of that. All Fours And Rotaries Car Club (AFARCC) or the Impreza WRX Owners Club (IWRXOC) both run a few events a year and offer discounts to those events to members. as Tara said, its been posted on the forum recently so have a search. Hope to see you out there!
Old 11-09-2006, 07:24 AM
Gonadman2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEstEr?
a cams L2s lic requires just about as much, $85 and wave your drivers lic. but you need to be a member of a club to jin cams, so thats probalby another $40 on top of that. All Fours And Rotaries Car Club (AFARCC) or the Impreza WRX Owners Club (IWRXOC) both run a few events a year and offer discounts to those events to members. as Tara said, its been posted on the forum recently so have a search. Hope to see you out there!
Hmm cheer's for the info Jester. Well that got a whole lot easier, as I thought you needed to have shown more than a driver's licence just to get a CAMS related licence. Do you know of any clubs that are likely to let Skylines and WRX's join?

I've had a quick look for that thread, but I'm not too sure what it was called? Anyone remember any keywords I could use?
Old 11-09-2006, 02:36 PM

personal preferance, I'm with AFARCC. i know it says 'all fours' but in reality they have branched out and have serveral 6 cyl members anyway. http://www.allfours.org.au/ and email the committee@allfours.org.au for more info

as for the thread... i just searched for CAMS

http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/showthre...highlight=cams
Old 12-09-2006, 10:14 AM
Gonadman2

Yea I found it in the end. I kept looking for "Barbagallo" rather than "CAMS" stupid me...

Cheer's for the All Fours Website, I'll look into that one as well. So long as they have discounts for regional member's I don't mind. And we are very regional.

Its looking positive, I have 3 guys lined up, 1 2 Door STi, and an R32 GTR (with 240kw atw) and me, so hopefully we will get a few more and it will be sweet. I reckon I've got the GTR's measure and considering neither of us have been to Barbagallo...
Old 12-09-2006, 02:53 PM

have you got a fast internet connection? i could hook you up with some incar videos of wanners

Tags
racing