Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-10-2006, 01:01 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

camer183 at standard level
Cool Being a WRX Owner

Hi Everyone

I've been on the forum for a while and I've seen a few of you put up discussions about your experiences with the Police. I know that the boys and girls in blue have a job to do, but does it mean that just because we own a WRX that the Police are allowed to treat us differently to everyone else. I notice that a lot people just accept what I would say are clear breaches in protocol and ethical standards and just move on, it's probably not alright to be flagged as a "police magnet" just because you drive a WRX.

Appreciate your comments.

Thanks
Old 30-10-2006, 01:16 PM
Dak Dak Boom!

BOMB3R is a guruBOMB3R is a guru

Mate I don't think its just WRX owners that are being targetted, its the whole modded car seen that is targeted.
I have only been pulled over once in the rex and I was doing 120 in an 80 zone where the freeway starts and got let off. Some people are just unlucky.
My cousin who owned 'WARTIME' actually took out harrasement claims against a couple of police officers who targetted him everytime he drove his car. As soon as they heard the word harrasement charges he wasn't bothered again.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
365hp and 515nm

New Beast to arrive April 2015 - 365hp, 450nm, 0-100 in 4.4sec. AMG Goodness!

Last edited by BOMB3R; 30-10-2006 at 01:40 PM.
Old 30-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Mister Two at standard level

I have no idea what your talking about.

I drive a Liberty. He He He

(Liberty's don't have the "reputation" WRX's have)

In reference to your comments though... I believe that WRX are cop magnets because of one important factor. WRX are a very cheap way to go fast. They are one of the best value high performance cars out there. And becuase of that, they get driven mainly by young people who dont have alot of money to spend on expensive cars. Young People, being young tend to do stupid things in these fast cars. (Dont flame me - you've all done stupid things in your car and you know it including me). Because of this, the car develops a negative stigma with the police. The policeman will always subconsciously target the WRX.

But I beleive my above comments can be applied to most popular modified vehicles. (except the RS Liberty. Liberty's still seem to fly under the radar)
Old 30-10-2006, 01:55 PM
Sir AntiLag

AC Schnitzer at standard level

Change to a RS bonnet, install a FMIC and change all the badge behind to 2.5 RS.

What WRX ?
Old 30-10-2006, 02:24 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Simon at standard level

In the end i know that police are doing their job just like the rest of us. So if you are doing the wrong thing and get caught, then fair enuff.

I rekon that most of the young hoons who give the modified car scene a bad name by ruining cruises, doin burnout's, and generally showing no regard for other road users spoil it for the rest of us.

Majority of rex members i have met so far i wud consider more 'car enthusiasts'. Dont get me wrong, we all enjoy giving our car a good poke every now and then, but keep it safe and dont make a dick of yourself.

It annoy's me when the more responsible members of the modified car community get pinged due to the steriotype given to us by the minority of wankers who consider themselves as part of our community.

Forester GT
Old 30-10-2006, 03:59 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

BuBs at standard level

In some ways they are doing thier job if its pulling over for speeding, but the amount of times i have seen shitted up old banger for cars with smoke PISSING out of the exhaust and not have a yellow sticker on them disspoints me that cops are more worried about new cars with mods that dont polute than old cars with problems that DO polute
Old 30-10-2006, 04:56 PM
Sir AntiLag

wannabe at standard level
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuBs
the amount of times i have seen shitted up old banger for cars with smoke PISSING out of the exhaust and not have a yellow sticker on them disspoints me that cops are more worried about new cars with mods that dont polute than old cars with problems that DO polute
totally agree i hate how police pick on the modified cars when usually the cars that are modified are actually better due to the brakes, suspension etc being upgraded ( well in most cases such as alot of WRX's ). they handle and stop better ( usually anyways ) than standard but they dont take that into consideration, they just see em as being modified therefor BAD BAD BAD!!

not all modified car owners are tools, some of us GOOD people!!!

Last edited by wannabe; 30-10-2006 at 04:59 PM.
Old 30-10-2006, 05:10 PM
Subaru Tech Division

207 de at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuBs
In some ways they are doing thier job if its pulling over for speeding, but the amount of times i have seen shitted up old banger for cars with smoke PISSING out of the exhaust and not have a yellow sticker on them disspoints me that cops are more worried about new cars with mods that dont polute than old cars with problems that DO polute
agree as well.

Heaps more cars out there that are more of a risk to themselves and others on the road.

however, be a dickhead and expect to get caught.
Old 30-10-2006, 05:13 PM
STI Master

SilentKilla at standard level

I have yet to be pulled over a single time while driving, and thats over 3 and a bit years driving high power turbo cars (first car was a s13). I think its just down to how your car looks, if you look dodgy or youve been driving agressivly.
Old 30-10-2006, 05:18 PM
STI Master

SilentKilla at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe
totally agree i hate how police pick on the modified cars when usually the cars that are modified are actually better due to the brakes, suspension etc being upgraded ( well in most cases such as alot of WRX's ). they handle and stop better ( usually anyways ) than standard but they dont take that into consideration, they just see em as being modified therefor BAD BAD BAD!!

not all modified car owners are tools, some of us GOOD people!!!
You know thats a reason they ping you (or so i hear), if your car can brake that good then a person behind you has no chance in hell of pulling up in time making it unfair on them.

Got that info from a mech eng.

Tags
owner, wrx