Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-05-2024, 04:24 PM
Scoobie Noobie

xdmyste at standard level
Smile EJ207 Swap gc8 questions

Hi all this is my first post so sorry if ive done this wrong but i have a few questions about a upcoming ej207 swap im trying to figure out

First of all i have a 1999 N/A impreza that i've so far swapped a dccd 2006 sti drivetrain inc hubs brake springs and all, my next step is swapping in a ej207 v7.

My first question is in terms of parts what do i require im only aware that i need a wrx/sti airbox with maf, turbo exhaust, turbo subframe, ecu, harness and of course the egine which includes the manifold, turbo and intercooler just curious what else I'm missing

Second question is im planning on putting a invidia catted downpipe and a tomei ti catback ive heard you can fit the tomei but can't find any specific details and what year of the down pipe i should pick either gc or gd because of the parts i have aren't original

Third is im planning on putting in a haltech ic7 and haltech 750? My goals 480bhp and the engine has avcs so is 750 the right one? and when it comes to wiring in the engine ive heard that haltech makes custom harness' that ive heard i could wire it in myself (i have little electrical experience but i have friends and a do it properly attitude)

TLDR
-ej207 swap parts for na 99 gc8
-gd tomei and invidia downpipe on gc?
-which haltech and wiring possibilities

Thanks all hope i did this right happ to hear all ideas and see the responses

Last edited by xdmyste; 27-05-2024 at 04:43 PM.
Old 29-05-2024, 08:33 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Hurtenstein at standard level

You'll need a 1500 to run AVCS, the 750 doesn't have enough I/O. Plus the 1500 does Drive By Wire throttle which I think is a great upgrade. the 1500 is just a much better ECU all round for not much more cost.

With an aftermarket ECU, you wont need a MAF/AFM. You'll need an intake air temp sensor though. Haltech package one with their harness adapter kits if you end up getting one of those or they're about $100-150. The adapter will only be good to you if you're swapping the whole loom in but. What year is the donor engine?

Any dump pipe will fit.

Highly highly recommend a wideband lambda too while you're at it. Haltech do them also. WB1.

Last edited by Hurtenstein; 29-05-2024 at 12:03 PM.
Old 30-05-2024, 04:45 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Brett Allan knows their stuff

If you want ease of use and you're swapping the whole GD harness in, just get a Link G4x PnP ECU.

Lot more Link tuners in Perth than Haltech as well.

I run a Link G4+ on my GD STI with a IC-7 dash

RE the IAT sensor, just use a GM IAT sensor for ~$60 or you can go Syltech stainless motorspots one for $50 - https://golebysparts.au/products/syl...BoCV38QAvD_BwE

As above, GC and GD dumps will fit fine
Old 31-05-2024, 10:32 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Hurtenstein at standard level

100% Link is a mint product too. I use both of them.

I'm unsure if the NA and Turbo ECU's use the same header plugs.
If they do, a GC Plug and Play would be an option.
Instead of a full harness swap, which would be a chore getting the body stuff like A/C and power relays combined in, you could modify the NA engine harness easier.

The Link PnPs have expansion slots/looms to make a loom for the stuff you'll need not in the factory loom like 2x ignition, AVCS and boost solenoid. Some I/O would only be on the header plug, which if the same, would be unoccupied. You can buy those pins from "Mister Connector" and probably other places.
Or if the Haltech route, the adapter plug has all spare I/O just rolled up. You can take it through the fire wall and loom up as necessary.

Tags
ej207, gc8, questions, swap