Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-08-2005, 07:27 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

PACKA at standard level
Default projector comparison

Hi all just wondering if any of you have a recommendation on either of these guys. panasonic pt-ae700u or hitachi pj-tx100 . good or bad or any other suggestions
thanks
Old 24-08-2005, 08:21 AM
wombat

talk to always broke he deals alot in this stuff and can give you some good advice with these things

cheers
Dan
Old 24-08-2005, 09:35 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

SiriX at standard level
Send a message via MSN to SiriX

PACKA:

Go the PT-AE700E ... INSANE projector i've got one... probably the best projector in it's price range... and especialy considering the bulbs are rated at 5000 Hours, and they're cheap-as when compared to some cheaper projectors. i run HD stuff through this PJ all the time on a 75" Screen... it's amazing

I'd also recommend getting yourself a nice screen, walls work fine, but if you want the absolute best picture quality you cant go past a nice screen to project it onto.
P.S. if you want a good deal on one... i can prolly hook ya up else, JB Hi-Fi have them pretty cheap last i looked.

Expect to pay around $2700 for an AU model, else, i can get the Jap Model (exactly the same, just doesnt have english menus, comes with english manual tho, and all the buttons are in the same location) for around the $2300 mark...
Old 25-08-2005, 08:49 PM
Scoobie Noobie

viskoe at standard level

Iam pretty happy with my hitachi, pjtx100.
I run a HD box and about a 100 inch screen,
I am very happy with the picture quality, it has the ability to fine tune the colour balance by adjusting the 3 individual panels. The flesh tones are very good.
It has good contrast and uses an optical iris assembly similar to that found in camera lenses, if you stop the lense down from full brightness (10) to either (3) or lower you get good blacks at the expense of brightness but i tend to use it in a rather dark room. I use it more as a cinema than a TV although I do watch a bit of TV on it. I find the picture bright enough and am still impressed when it is feed with a good signal (Not Sevens pretend HD loop )
Problems are the design of the air filter is not the best, apparently its been changed and improved but I havent bought a replacement yet, I had to get my optics cleaned because I had white specks on it, but its fine now.
Its also physicaly bigger than the Panney and that can be an issue with some people, also the Panney has a longer throw lense so that you can sit it further back.

My workmate bought a Panney after I bought the Hitachi and its a nice machine smaller in size and approaches the contrast problem by using some clever electronics and dynamic adjustments to the panel. I think its also HDMI input as opposed to DVI input of the hitachi.

The Panney probably edges out the Hitachi , but you would be happy with either, If you get a good deal on one then dont discount it. Also dont judge them on how they are setup at the shops, composite video, wrong colour balance, brightness and flouro lights dont do them justice.

Rgds
Emil
Old 25-08-2005, 09:03 PM

PACKA at standard level

well im going in to check out the hitachi all fired up on sat the panasonic looked good watched the intro to toy story yer i know but thats all they had and it felt like i was in there very nice projector will check the other one out. i have been quoted on both, $1999 for the pro,screen and warrenty sound any good??
Old 25-08-2005, 10:27 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

SiriX at standard level

$1999 for a PT-AE700E ??? or just for the Screen?

Regards,

SiriX
Old 26-08-2005, 10:50 AM
Scoobie Noobie

viskoe at standard level

At $1999 its probably the SD version PJtx10 (looks the same)
Toy Story seems to be the HI FI shops disc of choice
Try out some other images movies. Stuff you may watch , Get them to set the temp to 6500K not dynamic or sports, getthe iris set below 3 not 10

Also what is your room size Depth of room, will projector be ceiling mount on back wall?
You may find that the constraints of the room may determine the type of projector .
How far back will you sit from the screen/wall will determine the size of the image. Their are sites that explain viewing angles for cinema setups .
Some projector lenses will not allow you to create a certian size image when you place the projector in your desired location. Most projectors have a zoom function but with any optic system they work best when set at the mid point, not zoomed to minimum or maximum.

Try reading these sites
http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools

http://www.cine4home.de/
http://www.htcentral.net/forums/index.php?act=idx

PM me for more info if you want.

Rgds
Emil
Old 28-08-2005, 10:36 AM

PACKA at standard level

its for either pro and screen usually retail for $3000 but have a mate at harvey norman im pretty sure its the upper model will comfirm during the week
thanks for the sites will read up
Old 28-08-2005, 04:02 PM
ALWAYS BROKE

Default .

question??? is it lcd or DLP??? and 5000 hours on the globes dont mean shit.......they only have a warranty for 500 hours or six months, so cross your fingers........
also dont buy anything thats not dedicated for theatre, data projectors have chap processing.

luke
Old 28-08-2005, 05:53 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

SiriX at standard level

Well i dont know about this Hitachi one... but the Panasonic PT-AE700E is designed for Home Theater... hence the native 720p Resolution... that combined with the fact that the Panasonic is 3-LCD which is why it doesnt have the dreaded "Flyscreen Effect" ... and neither does it suffer the DLP "Rainbow Effect"... and as far as the Lamp warranty... yeh well i guess its luck of the draw... that said... find out the replacement lamp costs for this Hitachi ... the Panasonic PT-AE700E's lamps you can get from around $400

Regards,

SiriX

Tags
comparison, projector