Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-11-2005, 08:55 PM
Banned

impresser at standard level
Default intro

Hi everyone my names Druce. Have been in Perth for about eight months since moving down fron Darwin. Got to rexpo on Sunday saw all the perth wrx stickers decided to check out the site. I probably have the bubby car out of all of you. I have a white 93 impreza gx wagon with a non turbo ej18 (please try not to laugh its in great condition (for its age) Ive got a set of 17inch anz mak 6 rims in gold of course, a k&n pod filter in a custon cold air box, 3.0 inch full exhaust to a drft cannon style muffler, checker plate floof in the boot with an alpine v 12 amp running a pair of us audio 12 inch subs, Jvc front and rear splits and a jvc deck. She looks and sounds pretty good but very slow. its a long term project future plans include dropping her closer to the ground some cosmetics and to be a bit different supercharging an ej18 or ej20. thanks for your time.
Old 30-11-2005, 10:40 AM
Sir AntiLag

Makavel at standard level
Default welcome

Let me be the first to welcome you

dosent matter why age of your car all of the subarus are great cars and we are all here to offer advice and help any way we can also to learn from each other

so sit back and enjoy a good few hours of reading

Michael [ MY 98 WA ]
Old 30-11-2005, 01:06 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Heidi at standard level

Hello & welcome to the forum!!

Did you enjoy Rexpo?

Heidi
Old 30-11-2005, 09:44 PM
STI Master

westoz at standard level

EJ18? Hmmm didn't know Imprezas came in a 1.8 litre! Spose they got phased out soon after introduction. Supercharging sounds great but go for the 2 litre if ya can & funds permit... would be interesting to see some comparos with the turbo version.

Welcome aboard
1990 Mk3 Supra turbo fully rebuilt 7M-GTE (Older son)
1991 Celica GT4 (Younger son)
Old 01-12-2005, 07:24 AM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

in japan they got ej15/ej16 also, imagine all that torque!

Long live the WRC
Old 01-12-2005, 01:20 PM
Game ovRA

I gotz me a ej15....your right,you cant even imagine the torque from this baby, backed up by the 18 kw of grunt
Old 01-12-2005, 10:13 PM
Banned

Rexpo was great so many nice subies here. Took my daughter she had a ball.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:56 PM
Sign me up!
WRX Hi Five Club

wrx oh oh at standard level

It is technically practical to get more out of the boxer NA 1.6L, 1.8L etc motors:
Fit a turbo kit. I ‘ve no experience but at a guess it would be a sudden rush, very peaky and say about another 20% power. Like the turbo cars of 15 – 20 years ago.
Fit a supercharger- I looked at this a few years ago but did not go ahead. I saw dyno prints of examples, they give good low down torque but the top end not a lot more, something like the turbo diesels you can get now. VG for pulling trailers and 0-60 kmph times.
Replace whole motor with a used wrx. Remember to do the chip, exhaust, intake etc.
Replace whole motor with a 2L or even a 2.5L which may be available from wreckers. This would be the simplest and most practical approach, if you get a bigger motor at a good price.
After that you will have performance not up to wrx but well in excess of your car’s suspension and brakes. This may be fun.…

Unless you are like ‘tuna’ on this forum, who clearly knows what he is doing and does most of it himself, I’d say the downside is that the performance:cost is poor value compared with changing the whole car.
Old 02-12-2005, 05:16 PM
Banned

I have one of the classic hot 4s where they have supercharged a liberty. Thats what first got me interested their findings were that it didn't give it as much power as a rex but its driveabilty was amazing. that was over 6 years ago and all they had done was fit the supercharger plus chip. I have a mechanic mate in Darwin who has built himself a 240 kw plus liberty rs who is doing all the research for me . Want to build something a little different Thanks for the input all information is greatly appreciated.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:32 PM
Game ovRA

screw trying to get performance outa them engines,and if im wrong correct me but didnt the 1.5 and 1.8 only come front wheel drive? i did what tuna did and just got me a bigger engine and driveline.lot cheaper these days with all the newer models and stuff..plus the cars are a little heavy arnt they 4 such little engines...in comparision to say a lancer with a turbo...not that im condoning that sort of stuff

Tags
intro

« Intro | Intro »