Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 02:16 PM
Scoobie Noobie

MKM at standard level

Thanks
Old 10-01-2012, 06:48 AM
Scoobie Noobie

MKM at standard level

If anyone is interested, here's a link to some photos and info on my car...
Matt's 93 WRX - JDMVIP Forums JDM Japanese Cars Import Used Auctions
Old 10-01-2012, 08:01 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

thebish at standard level

Cool. You guys are rhd over there. Learnt me today's new thing!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:16 AM
STI Master

reconus at standard level

Welcome to Perth-WRX!

Clean car for a place thats always snowing/wet
Old 11-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Scoobie Noobie

MKM at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebish View Post
Cool. You guys are rhd over there. Learnt me today's new thing!
Don't go home and tell your family just yet! We are a LHD country, however we can import RHD vehicles once they are 15 years old.

It does snow and rain here ALL the time. I'm in Edmonton Alberta, we get mild summers (Low to mid 20c) and cold winters. This winter has been exceptionally dry and mild, finally cooled off today after well over a month of unseasonably warm weather.

As for the cleanliness, it has been in Canada for about 3 years and had new paint shortly after it arrived. Still looks pretty good. It was not a very high quality paint job, so close inspection leaves something to be desired.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:20 AM
STI Master

[I 86 I] at standard level

"Is it true, that if your Canadian and you don't have false front teeth...that your not a TRUE Canadian??"
Good to see a new member from the other side of the world. What made you choose to import such an early model over buying something like a 04 etc?
Old 11-01-2012, 10:28 AM
STI Master

reconus at standard level

Canada uses Kilometers & Liters no? Last timei w as there was 9 years ago so, cant really remember
Old 12-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Scoobie Noobie

MKM at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by [W ARGHH X] View Post
"Is it true, that if your Canadian and you don't have false front teeth...that your not a TRUE Canadian??"
Good to see a new member from the other side of the world. What made you choose to import such an early model over buying something like a 04 etc?
I have never heard the false front teeth thing before... I suppose it could be true. I should check my own....

I mentioned earlier, we are able to import a right hand drive vehicle (Canada is left hand drive) once the vehicle is 15 years old. Thus, a 04 is not an option.

We do indeed use the metric system km/L' s it is!
Old 12-01-2012, 04:01 PM
STI Master

[I 86 I] at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKM View Post
I have never heard the false front teeth thing before... I suppose it could be true. I should check my own....

I mentioned earlier, we are able to import a right hand drive vehicle (Canada is left hand drive) once the vehicle is 15 years old. Thus, a 04 is not an option.
The false teeth thing is a joke my canadian friends used to say. Due to their love of ice hockey and punch ups. Shit joke is shit I guess

I was just wondering what the interest was, in regards to owning a older model wrx, RHD with lack of local parts support. Are the early model import wrx's fairly cheap there? RHD novelty? etc
Old 13-01-2012, 04:55 AM
Scoobie Noobie

MKM at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by [W ARGHH X] View Post
The false teeth thing is a joke my canadian friends used to say. Due to their love of ice hockey and punch ups. Shit joke is shit I guess

I was just wondering what the interest was, in regards to owning a older model wrx, RHD with lack of local parts support. Are the early model import wrx's fairly cheap there? RHD novelty? etc
The attraction for us is that Canada and the USA missed out huge on many of the legendary 90's japanese sports cars. We finally received the WRX in 2002, Canada received the EVO X when it came out. We had very limited number of cars like the 90's supra TT, Celica All-tracs. We had nissan 240sx, but in a 2.4L non-turbo, no skylines. The list goes on. Cars in Japan have low mileage and generally little to no rust and due to various factors in Japan (New car incentives, strict up keep regulations to re-register, cultural negativity towards owning someones used car etc.) they can be purchased at auction for practically nothing... Think $1200 canadian for a clean 95 WRX with 90,000K. With shipping and import fees one can have a performance car for less than $6000. My car cost me $5500, I have invested in maintenance and minor upgrades. With an intake, full exhaust, headers/up pipe and a tune I'm running 247HP at the wheels. It comes down to bang for the buck, nothing that can be purchased locally can even touch that level of performance for the dollar.

A 2002+ WRX sells for around $10,000 and will generally have 200,000KM and on its way to rust, bagged hard etc. That's probably going to be stock producing less power in stock trim as well. It weighs I think about 150KG more as well.

As far as parts, for the most part things are available to us. I could not find the seal locally, but due to the popularity of particularly the GC chassis WRX here, small tuner shops are supporting them. The internet also makes our lives much easier. We also had the impreza here in 93 in non-wrx form so basic parts are easily available.

Tags
canada, member