Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-02-2012, 12:21 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Staggs at standard level
Default Hello

Hello

Figured I'd introduce myself, I'm Staggs. I may be new to the site but I'm not new to Subaru's. I've had an old L series, '91 GX lib, a '92 RS liberty and a '99 WRX.

Some of you who frequent RSLC may know me, been on there for way too long but just moved over to Perth 6 months back so figured I'd join up here.

I used to own a RS liberty and had that as a track car, just something to play around with and have some fun on the track when I lived in Adelaide and before that i had a '99 WRX hatch which i sold to buy a BF XR6 falcon (soon to be for sale!) to use as a tow car for the liberty. Have since sold the RS and the falcon is way to boring so on the hunt for another WRX!!!

Will be on the look out for a 04/05 WRX hatch in the coming months.
Old 25-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Subaru Tech Division

scoobygez at standard level

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your hunt
Old 25-02-2012, 12:50 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Bandit at standard level
Send a message via Skype™ to Bandit

Welcome! Even as a long term Ford man, I myself can see how a BF would bore you to tears and beyond... Bring on the hatch!
Old 25-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

Welcome to Perth-WRX. Put up some pics of the old rides!
Old 25-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Staggs at standard level

I cant seem to find any decent pics of the old L series but it looks the same as every other white L series.

The GX liberty i had was my first proper foray into playing around and getting to know cars, did plenty of small things to it but was a poor uni student so couldn't fund a turbo conversion for it.

then i got a new job and started making a bit more money so bought this...

pretty much a dead stock '99 WRX, it was my daily driver and I was still at uni so couldn't afford to do anything to it either.

then I bought this to go have some fun in at Mallala and Collingrove (tracks in SA)

Only did a few things to that one modified intake, new coils, eboost street @ 15psi, HSD HR coilovers, whiteline swaybars and strut brace, perrin anti-lift kit, sti seats, wrx 4 pot brakes, 3" tbe exhaust and a few other things i can't remember at the moment.

I could get it to do consistent 1:28 lap after lap at Mallala which isn't all that fast but considering it only had 138kw atw and came in at 1410kg with me in it, it wasn't too bad and managed to surprise a number of people.

I had big plans and had started collecting a heap of parts (had a vf23, FMIC, and heaps of other bits) but then got a job over here in Perth and had 3 weeks to pack all my crap up in Adelaide and move out west so all the parts got sold as well as the car.

And now i have a BF mkII XR6 falcon which is a nice enough car but its boring as all hell hence why I want to sell it and get back to a WRX.