Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 11:34 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

tarmac at standard level

welcome from a fellow south wester!!
Leigh Hynes, formerly RMS , is now operating Busselton Subaru Service if you are looking for a local who knows subies inside and out.He is mobile too.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Dimeb4g at standard level

hey mate, i spoke to Leigh the other day, very personable and helpful... he used to work on my car as it was serviced extensively by RMS lol...

he cant do a tune for me as he doesn't do Verso.... he is trying to source me a gearbox, as this one is shithouse!!! is very temperamental.. lol

where abouts are you based mate??
Old 09-08-2012, 01:15 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

tarmac at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimeb4g View Post
hey mate, i spoke to Leigh the other day, very personable and helpful... he used to work on my car as it was serviced extensively by RMS lol...

he cant do a tune for me as he doesn't do Verso.... he is trying to source me a gearbox, as this one is shithouse!!! is very temperamental.. lol

where abouts are you based mate??
the CITY of busso
Old 09-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

Jeckle at standard level

Hi from another well south of the river.

Leigh services my Sti, and am happy with his work.

Hopefully we'll see more of the motor sport that happen in the South West in our paper soon, as well as the other more mundane stuff you have to photograph.

Leigh Does travel to Bunbury but not up the hill to where I am.

Straight roads are for fast cars, twisty roads are for fast drivers. I have or am neither.

http://tttmsp.smugmug.com/
Old 09-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Jordiee at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimeb4g View Post
thats pretty reasonable...

already got the fuel pump... it was in the car when i got her... its soo noisy! need some dynamat to quieten it down a bit!
lol is it a walbro?

if it is i don't know how you consider that noisy, there's a lot worse out there
Old 09-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Scoobie Noobie

I am not sure what it is... I'm only assuming its not standard cause I've never heard anything so loud!! It makes a loud noise on start up as well... Sounds like my mates old 408ci valiant!
Old 09-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeckle View Post
Hi from another well south of the river.

Leigh services my Sti, and am happy with his work.

Hopefully we'll see more of the motor sport that happen in the South West in our paper soon, as well as the other more mundane stuff you have to photograph.

Leigh Does travel to Bunbury but not up the hill to where I am.
So I assume your up in collie?? Your right a lot of what I do is mundane haha... If it not speedway it doesnt seem to get a run in the Swt... Prob cause our boss is a bogan at heart and we sponsor them!

I'm pretty keen on the track day coming up... How good do you have to be to go to one... I'm a track day virgin... But itching to do one!!
Old 09-08-2012, 10:46 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

Jeckle at standard level

Track days up here are pretty easy, most have free entry so no probs there at Club level.

For the "bigger" events contact either Simon Sterner Manager of the track and he is apart of the Collie Motorplex, or if its a Collie Motor Sports Event eg the Chrome Bumper Day, or the Fathers Day event, contact Steve Pitts Collie Motorsports Group Let him know your from the south west papers and all should be good, esp if you can get some of it to the Collie Mail.

Straight roads are for fast cars, twisty roads are for fast drivers. I have or am neither.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:54 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

Jeckle at standard level

Driving on a track day is just as easy, see this post http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/events-n...september.html really well run day, also check out the Perth WRX Owners Club as they have a weekend down here which usually includes instruction later in the year.

Collie Motor Sports Group also has a number of track days during the year, and includes those of us with enough cylinders to embarrass those with chrome bumpers and more pots that go bang than they know what to do with.

Really love the Collie track, but Saturday doing the short version of Barbagello which I also enjoyed on an instruction day with WRXOC more so than the long course, more corners.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:59 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeckle View Post
Track days up here are pretty easy, most have free entry so no probs there at Club level.

For the "bigger" events contact either Simon Sterner Manager of the track and he is apart of the Collie Motorplex, or if its a Collie Motor Sports Event eg the Chrome Bumper Day, or the Fathers Day event, contact Steve Pitts Collie Motorsports Group Let him know your from the south west papers and all should be good, esp if you can get some of it to the Collie Mail.
Haha don't know if it'd be going in the collie mail!! Seeing as I work for the south western times... Might be a conflict of interest hehe... But who knows it might run in the Swt!! This track day coming up, is there any instruction???

Tags
b4, bunbury, dimeb4g

« Hi all | new to oz »