Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/)
-   -   Hi all (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/51471-hi-all.html)

muz 15-10-2012 09:01 AM

Hi all

Have been lurking on this site since I pulled the trigger and ordered my first wrx.

Like the previous post I have the club spec. Funnily enough I think someone on that post spotted me pulling out of the City Subaru on Thursday.

The previous poster took some great photos, I am not going to show my poor photography skills off. The car looks just like his :) in fact it is the number before. Both on the licence and the Club Spec number.

First mod is to throw the stereo in the bin. In fact a new stereo was already ordered before I picked up the car. How far I take it is still to be determined but at least new HU, speakers, sound deadening, amp and sub.

Wasn't really planning on modding the car when I brought it. But after lurking on here for a few weeks I feel I won't be able to resist a bit of a remap and so. Plenty of time in the future to talk myself into that!

Anyways just wanted to say hi, since no doubt I will be wearing out the search button on this site and annoying experienced hands with my ignorant questions

gumby 15-10-2012 09:20 AM

Nice choice of car, welcome

tthomas417 15-10-2012 09:30 AM

Have to agree. I have been driving around in my 2012 WRX and indeed, the sound system is crap. I haven't upgraded it yet because I really like the navigation and bluetooth (went with the premium package). I am sure I will take the leap one day, just not quite there yet. What stereo are you thinking? I'm an Alpine guy.

Soksta 15-10-2012 09:32 AM

Welcome to Perth-WRX.

Keen to see pictures of the new car :D

vOoie 15-10-2012 09:53 AM

Welcome! Love the looks of the new models

muz 15-10-2012 10:12 AM

[QUOTE=tthomas417;716120]Have to agree. I have been driving around in my 2012 WRX and indeed, the sound system is crap. I haven't upgraded it yet because I really like the navigation and bluetooth (went with the premium package). I am sure I will take the leap one day, just not quite there yet. What stereo are you thinking? I'm an Alpine guy.[/QUOTE]

I am starting off replacing the head unit. Alpine does sound nice. That's what I had in my last car. But it is very expensive to get all the features and I don't really like the interface.

I am not interested in nav, so am just replacing the headunit with a pioneer AVH-P8800. There pretty much is no great double din stereo unit around ( ducks behind desk to avoid the flaming brick others will throw...) so I am then going to concentrate on the rest of the system ( speakers, sub, amp, install) and if after that I want more I will look at upgrading the head unit as well. Or add a sound processor, etc

Not really looking for a SQ install, just something nice, after all this is not really the car to be doing SQ installs in!

GTB Liberty 15-10-2012 10:22 AM

Welcome - best advise I can give is get a JBL MS8 to do time alignment and EQ functions.

It's actions are so good you possibly won't have to replace the OEM speakers with a decent amp behind them.

muz 15-10-2012 11:11 AM

[QUOTE=GTB Liberty;716140]Welcome - best advise I can give is get a JBL MS8 to do time alignment and EQ functions.

It's actions are so good you possibly won't have to replace the OEM speakers with a decent amp behind them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I will look more into the MS8.

Most likely will replace the speakers, as I will be pulling the doors apart to put some sound deadening / sound insulation in anyway.