Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By muz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-10-2012, 09:01 AM
Scoobie Noobie

muz at standard level
Default Hi all

Have been lurking on this site since I pulled the trigger and ordered my first wrx.

Like the previous post I have the club spec. Funnily enough I think someone on that post spotted me pulling out of the City Subaru on Thursday.

The previous poster took some great photos, I am not going to show my poor photography skills off. The car looks just like his in fact it is the number before. Both on the licence and the Club Spec number.

First mod is to throw the stereo in the bin. In fact a new stereo was already ordered before I picked up the car. How far I take it is still to be determined but at least new HU, speakers, sound deadening, amp and sub.

Wasn't really planning on modding the car when I brought it. But after lurking on here for a few weeks I feel I won't be able to resist a bit of a remap and so. Plenty of time in the future to talk myself into that!

Anyways just wanted to say hi, since no doubt I will be wearing out the search button on this site and annoying experienced hands with my ignorant questions
Old 15-10-2012, 09:20 AM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby

Nice choice of car, welcome
Old 15-10-2012, 09:30 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

tthomas417 at standard level

Have to agree. I have been driving around in my 2012 WRX and indeed, the sound system is crap. I haven't upgraded it yet because I really like the navigation and bluetooth (went with the premium package). I am sure I will take the leap one day, just not quite there yet. What stereo are you thinking? I'm an Alpine guy.
Old 15-10-2012, 09:32 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Soksta is a guruSoksta is a guru

Welcome to Perth-WRX.

Keen to see pictures of the new car
Old 15-10-2012, 09:53 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

vOoie at standard level

Welcome! Love the looks of the new models
Old 15-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Scoobie Noobie

muz at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthomas417 View Post
Have to agree. I have been driving around in my 2012 WRX and indeed, the sound system is crap. I haven't upgraded it yet because I really like the navigation and bluetooth (went with the premium package). I am sure I will take the leap one day, just not quite there yet. What stereo are you thinking? I'm an Alpine guy.
I am starting off replacing the head unit. Alpine does sound nice. That's what I had in my last car. But it is very expensive to get all the features and I don't really like the interface.

I am not interested in nav, so am just replacing the headunit with a pioneer AVH-P8800. There pretty much is no great double din stereo unit around ( ducks behind desk to avoid the flaming brick others will throw...) so I am then going to concentrate on the rest of the system ( speakers, sub, amp, install) and if after that I want more I will look at upgrading the head unit as well. Or add a sound processor, etc

Not really looking for a SQ install, just something nice, after all this is not really the car to be doing SQ installs in!
tthomas417 likes this.
Old 15-10-2012, 10:22 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Welcome - best advise I can give is get a JBL MS8 to do time alignment and EQ functions.

It's actions are so good you possibly won't have to replace the OEM speakers with a decent amp behind them.
Old 15-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Scoobie Noobie

muz at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB Liberty View Post
Welcome - best advise I can give is get a JBL MS8 to do time alignment and EQ functions.

It's actions are so good you possibly won't have to replace the OEM speakers with a decent amp behind them.
Thanks I will look more into the MS8.

Most likely will replace the speakers, as I will be pulling the doors apart to put some sound deadening / sound insulation in anyway.