Thread: Hi all
View Single Post
Old 15-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Scoobie Noobie

muz at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthomas417 View Post
Have to agree. I have been driving around in my 2012 WRX and indeed, the sound system is crap. I haven't upgraded it yet because I really like the navigation and bluetooth (went with the premium package). I am sure I will take the leap one day, just not quite there yet. What stereo are you thinking? I'm an Alpine guy.
I am starting off replacing the head unit. Alpine does sound nice. That's what I had in my last car. But it is very expensive to get all the features and I don't really like the interface.

I am not interested in nav, so am just replacing the headunit with a pioneer AVH-P8800. There pretty much is no great double din stereo unit around ( ducks behind desk to avoid the flaming brick others will throw...) so I am then going to concentrate on the rest of the system ( speakers, sub, amp, install) and if after that I want more I will look at upgrading the head unit as well. Or add a sound processor, etc

Not really looking for a SQ install, just something nice, after all this is not really the car to be doing SQ installs in!