Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Cracka at standard level
Default Hi there - New to Perth

G'day guys,

Doug said I should drop by and say hi.

New to Perth from Brisbane, work brought me over.

Hoping to get into seeing some of the car scene here as life is quite boring without something to tinker on, and somewhere/thing to drive.

Was looking for last few weeks for a tidy gen 4 gt or GDx wrx. Didnt have much luck with finding the right car so picked up a 1JZ soarer.

$3k rego'd and in decent condition, engine pulls strong and behaves itself nicely, drivetrain is stock and unmolested. Kid put a set of terrible backward cap wheels on but aside from that it's a mint commuter for the 70k drive up the tonkin to work.

Just spent the weekend inspecting it. Has 4 different shocks, dodgy heater DIY going on, open diff and needs a few interior bits and pieces to be replaced. No plans for it aside from some 17's, bilsteins and maybe an LSD. Definitely dont want to start throwing money at it unless some serious bargains pop up on gumtree/antilag.

Previous cars were a fairly spastic 3.0RB with ohlins, lots of messing about with fabricated suspension components, 100mm wider track, big rubber and big brakes etc. Hills car.

First BRZ in the country. Owned for 3 weeks and sold because I wasnt impressed at all. Did nothing as a car I couldnt get from a dunger old liberty.

Gen 3 with various sages of tinkering culminating with a 1GZ-FE tojo V12 and a couple of TD06 20g's with an R230 and TH400. Skid car. Ran well but when it munched then TH400 I cracked the shits, a little scared of it developing an electrical failure from a conrod hitting a battery, and parted it out.

Currently a HQ styleside ute with a 1000hp 1UZ long block sitting in the tray, awaiting a GT40 or 42 slapped on. Shortened 9". 1350 spicers. PS2000, speedhut dash and bumper to bumper bare bones loom done. Totally rust free, straight and in great condition which is rare for a HQ; Interior is new, paint is fresh etc. Currently has a W55 in it but it wont be on the road until its finished. Sadly because it's in Brissy still it's a complete chequebook racer car having Al at AM auto tinker as required. Plans are to throw the big engine in, flex fuel, TH400, 94mm turbo, and bring it over to the west.

Look forward to maybe seeing some of you out on a cruise or something. Seems to be a bit underground when it comes to car scene over here, for whatever reason. Big shout out to Doug at Stechnic already for though for gracious use of his time and workshop to inspect my new shitbox. Absolutely top bloke as I'm sure is already known by you all.

Will upload some pics of the ute and soarer as I make progress. Waiting patiently for the new WRX to launch and see if Subaru still have aids of the brain in their design department and if the quality is back up to where it was in gen3/4 libs. Will have one if its good.

Cheers lads

Cracka.

Last edited by Cracka; 14-07-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Old 14-07-2013, 05:20 PM
STI Master

98kellrs at standard level

Welcome to the zoo.

Car scene in Perth is not so much underground, more mildly concealed. A response to the style of policing over here I would suspect. Antilag is probably the biggest in the state, and organises some pretty awesome events (i.e Racewars), PWRX seems to have faded a bit from the 'scene' in the last 18months or so, but we do still hold different events every few weeks. Lot's of people here selling their WRX's too so it shouldn't be hard to find something you like.
Old 14-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

Welcome, you don't muck around do you.

Keen for skid vids of ute.
Old 14-07-2013, 07:16 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Sup negro.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 14-07-2013, 08:10 PM
Flat Four Father

Pimpreza at standard level

Welcome Cracka, I remember the build Al did on that V12 Gen 3 from RSLC, must have been an expensive beast but what was it like when it was running well?
d_generate.
Yamaha Zooma 50cc rocket hopefully going with the Transit.
Old 14-07-2013, 09:03 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

Jeckle at standard level

Way down here in Collie there are a few events that maybe up your alley.

Collie Motorsports Group hold a chrome bumper day, and a Fathers Day, both are for power skids, burn outs, show and shine etc.

Theres also the Gazza Nats which is more of the same.

Your ute would fit in well.

And welcome.

Straight roads are for fast cars, twisty roads are for fast drivers. I have or am neither.

http://tttmsp.smugmug.com/
Old 14-07-2013, 11:39 PM
Scoobie Noobie

jslayz at standard level

Boo!
Cool intro
U ready to get in my passenger seat soon?

Tags
perth